"I Traded my iPhone 4 for a Lumia 900" - Yet another story... :-)

copmcotcs

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you read his little bio:

"Jeff Flahaven, MBA, is a senior User Experience designer for Magenic Technologies, a Microsoft consulting firm. He is an avid proponent for great mobile user experiences creating applications for clients like Best Buy, General Mills, Wells Fargo, NASA and others. His other passion is SharePoint."

Kind of invalidates his post. Atleast, take it with a hefty grain of salt.

mbranscum

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
Yes I saw that too. Still, an admited iPhone 4 user. I think it would be funny to start a Sticky: I traded my iPhone for a Windows Phone Thread! LOL

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
He wrote:

"While I enjoy the large live tiles on the home page, more than 14 causes more swiping and I’m constantly having to swipe to the left to see all of the applications. I currently have 32 and there will be many more to come, which will only mean more swiping instead of seeing many at once or in folders like iOS. The home page/start screen is one of the most important aspects of a smartphone, and I would like more customization here"

I used voice command most of the time. Why use swiping if you dont have to. "Open XXXX" DONE!!!

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
He wrote:

"While I enjoy the large live tiles on the home page, more than 14 causes more swiping and I?m constantly having to swipe to the left to see all of the applications. I currently have 32 and there will be many more to come, which will only mean more swiping instead of seeing many at once or in folders like iOS. The home page/start screen is one of the most important aspects of a smartphone, and I would like more customization here"

I used voice command most of the time. Why use swiping if you dont have to. "Open XXXX" DONE!!!

Load 45 apps and reboot the phone. Then you can remove those potentially unwanted apps again.

You should now be able to 'jump' to any letter in the alphabet - much easier than remebereing which folder or screen you saved your app in.

Very smart design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb