Who came from an iPhone?

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I have an ipod. I'm missing a lot.
Plus it's not like I don't have friends with iphones, I hear them or see them play words with friends, draw something, etc.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
there are 2 apps that are going to be tough ..
I hate these little companies playing hardball with us win 7 users and microsoft..
don't forget google invested 200 mill in zygia and I'm sure they were told not to make apps for win phone ..
I really hate that company.

clockworksnarf

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
came from a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, planned on getting the 4S but an AT&T rep had a Lumia on his person and allowed me to play with the device, I immediately pre-ordered it.

The only apps I miss are:
Flux
biteSMS / iMessages
Chase Mobile App (get on it chase!)

SuperGrafx

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Good iPhone convert headcount. What made you decide to take the leap?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I felt the iPhone interface was too simplistic and stale for my liking.
And that apps...yes, there are TONS of them, but I'd say 95% are of little to no value. Sometimes too much choice is a bad thing...the good stuff easily gets lost in the clutter.

And lastly, I hate the iTunes store/system with a passion. Glad to be over and done with it.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a lot of alternatives to instagram? I know for Nokia users we have access to Creative Studio. For other manufacturers they generally has their own equivalent as well. Then there's also Fhotoroom which is free and I find pretty powerful. I've never used instagram, but from everything I've seen it seems like the appeal is the ease to share and effects you can apply.
Appwise, coming from iOS in an iPod Touch, I'm not really missing any apps, usually there's some alternative. Sure the actual app might be better (for me it's Micromedix and ePocrates, but I can use MPR.specific games is also something). That said there isn't anything to cause me to think, "wow wish Windows Phone had that app," as there's, as I stated, an alternative for just about everything.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Came from iPhone 4 (had iPhone since the original) and am liking my Lumia more each day.

There are certainly far fewer apps. I was original pretty let down by the selection. But the past 2 days going through the store I've had success finding enough. I was very happy to find a todo app that has the same UI as my favorite iOS to-do/list app clear. Also found my bill tracker and was able to just login and sync.

I'm still not settled on a twitter client. What does everyone else use? Most important feature is that it must remember my spot in the timeline which few seem to be able to do.

The only app I am really missing is Sirius XM radio.

brotherqwerty

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I came over from the iPhone 4 and glad I did. I got the iPhone 4 the week it came out and I was just tired of the tiny screen and the OS is pretty boring. Also, yeah it has a ton of apps but I only used maybe 5 and most just took up space.

It was a pretty drastic move for me since I am pretty much all apple, macbook pro, apple tv and even my router is a made by apple.

The only things I do miss is that my iPhone was the 32gb version and the syncing with iTunes was better and headphones with remotes dont work with the lumia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss