AT&T ship dates are ridiculous!

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I placed the order at the AT&T store on April 11th (Wednesday). The phone has still not shipped. WTH AT&T? Does it always take this long for AT&T to ship phones after an order is placed? Are they trying to update the phones with latest firmware before shipping? Could that be the reason for delay? This wait is getting ridiculous.

NaISE.jpg

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Your message is not consistent with the picture. You mean that you ordered this april 11th, not april 1. THis was during the time ATT was showing sold out and doing the data connection device swapping.

Cancel walk into store or go through amazon.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Your message is not consistent with the picture. You mean that you ordered this april 11th, not april 1. THis was during the time ATT was showing sold out and doing the data connection device swapping.

Cancel walk into store or go through amazon.

I corrected the typo. But still the rep at the store told me that I'd have the phone within 3 business days. But it has not even shipped yet from the warehouse.

Windohs

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I placed the order at the AT&T store on April 11th (Wednesday). The phone has still not shipped. WTH AT&T? Does it always take this long for AT&T to ship phones after an order is placed? Are they trying to update the phones with latest firmware before shipping? Could that be the reason for delay? This wait is getting ridiculous.

Click to view quoted image

Same situation as you over here. I called AT&T this afternoon and a representative told me that the warehouse gets a shipment of phones in every 2-5 days and that I will receive an e-mail when it's shipped. She didn't give me an exact date though so I can only hope that I'll have it by the end of this week. I'm ready to get rid of this iPhone:confused:.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Same situation here. I ordered mine last Thursday, but it still hasn't shipped. This is not normal for ATT. I usually get my orders within 2 days. If it doesn't ship by the end of the week, I may just cancel and pick up a Titan II.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I would cancel then go into a store. Word is the black one is easier to get. Honestly I think the black one looks better ;-) more masculine, the cyan is unique :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I remember this during iPhone 4 releases. Same old ATT can't keep up with tracking info for customers.

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I would cancel then go into a store. Word is the black one is easier to get. Honestly I think the black one looks better ;-) more masculine, the cyan is unique :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

For me, the unique Cyan was one of the main selling point, the other was $100 credit. If I'm going to get another black slab, I might as well get it with a 16mp camera, which is the selling point for me for the Titan 2.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
The store near my house does not have the blue one but he said he could order it and i can pick it up from the store when they receive it. Is that going to take just as long as this or would that be a faster option? called 5 stores today and none had the blue one.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well look at it this way, in a few days the white one will be available and if your order isn't shipped by then just cancel and get that one.

Fact is ATT played negative nancy and didn't get enough phones in the pipe to meet demand. they got even MORE stupid by sending unactivated ones back to get updated instead of just setting up a laptop and updating them in the store...overreacted on the update fix and killed inventory. Demand for the phone is exceeding everyone's expectations...hope you have your Nokia stock bought.

Another reason Microsoft needs to sell them UNLOCKED/UNBRANDED in the Microsoft Stores....ATT is inept.

retropenguin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
well look at it this way, in a few days the white one will be available and if your order isn't shipped by then just cancel and get that one.

Fact is ATT played negative nancy and didn't get enough phones in the pipe to meet demand. they got even MORE stupid by sending unactivated ones back to get updated instead of just setting up a laptop and updating them in the store...overreacted on the update fix and killed inventory. Demand for the phone is exceeding everyone's expectations...hope you have your Nokia stock bought.

You probably wont get the $100 with the white one cause it comes out after the 21st and if it wasn't for that extra 100, i would probably not buy it

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just checked mine. It says shipped via UPS 2nd day air. I guess that means the store should have it by the end of the day tomorrow? Mine is shipping to the AT&T store we ordered from btw....thought it just easier that way to go pick up the phone, get it all set up with the new SIM and everything.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You probably wont get the $100 with the white one cause it comes out after the 21st and if it wasn't for that extra 100, i would probably not buy it

I'd check with ATT to make sure you get the credit if your order is unfulfilled by the 21st. Also, preorders for the white one might start before the 21st. If they count the order date for the refund then you could cancel and preorder the white one.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

No thanks. Never really liked white phones.

Ok I just checked mine. It says shipped via UPS 2nd day air. I guess that means the store should have it by the end of the day tomorrow? Mine is shipping to the AT&T store we ordered from btw....thought it just easier that way to go pick up the phone, get it all set up with the new SIM and everything.

Wooooohooooo!!!! Mine just shipped too! Yes! Mine is getting shipped to the store too. I'd rather do that than play tag with the UPS guy. I hate those sneaky bastards!!!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
HAHA YOU SNOOZE YOU LOOSE!!! GOT MINE ON THE 6TH! Sorry, I couldn't pass up the chance to say that even though it totally doesn't make you feel any worse or better. Lol.

Windohs

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
AT&T put the $106 that was due at the time of purchase back in my bank account when the phone wasn't shipped last week and they still haven't taken it back out. Has this happened to you guys awaiting online orders as well? I thought the $100 credit was going to be on our bill, not that I would mind this alternative option by any means, I'm just curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos