What kind of battery drain are you seeing overnight?

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I drop about 16% in 8 hours. Not bad.

This is with BT and WIFI off, but location services on.

Are you all seeing about the same?

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I see around 5-8%. I kill all programs that run in background. It would be better if WP7 had a wifi sleepy policy so when idle it wouldn't use 3G or LTE data therefore extending battery life. This is probably my biggest dislike of WP7.

leosoybean

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced about the same, 15%. I was a bit surprised the first night, but only because I never really paid attention on my 3GS. It was probably the same, to be honest.

bothfly737

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
How do you kill programs?
I went from 90% at bedtime last night to 40% this morning, trying to figure out what the deal is. Only had the phone a few days, and I do have the SW update.
Thanks

ratfester

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
10-15% overnight, Wi-Fi on, strong 4G, 2 emails set to hourly and a weather live tile. Seems excessive but I never paid attention to my iPhone 4 so it could have been similiar.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
How do you kill programs?
I went from 90% at bedtime last night to 40% this morning, trying to figure out what the deal is. Only had the phone a few days, and I do have the SW update.
Thanks

Settings > applications > background tasks > kill whatever app you don't always want running

i kill everything

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Last night mine went down 26% over night. I am going to see what it does tonight. My iPhone would typically only go down 3-4%.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Also keep pressing the back button to make sure all the apps are closed

I was under the impression those apps are in suspended state and not actually running. Is that not true? Like on iOS; apps are in suspended state in the RAM for faster launching but are given no CPU time so they aren't actually running.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression those apps are in suspended state and not actually running. Is that not true? Like on iOS; apps are in suspended state in the RAM for faster launching but are given no CPU time so they aren't actually running.

Depending on which app, some continue to run. For example, music apps.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i leave all services on yeah it sounds crazy but i just do so with wifi, location, bluetooth and any other radio thats on this device turned on i just put it back on the charger and it i got 1 day 4 hours out of it i think that is good. i do a lot of email, facebook , twitter, and forums posting and reading board express baby.... anyway its great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb