Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Rogers lumia 900 and I have it... This is Normal right

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

Last edited:

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow I'd love to have that. I can live with edge to get more battery life.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Yeah I could really use that. While the reception on the Lumia is the best I've had on a smart phone Pittsburgh's reception is really spotty due to what I would assume is the hilly terrain. I've noticed the Lumia is very slow in changing over from 4G to Edge. It seems the device will want to hold on to a sliver of 4G even though it's so bad data isn't functioning and if the device would switch to edge I'd have 4-5 bars.

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well 3g is 4g

You don't need a toggle for 3g or fauxG, they are the same thing... one is HSPA, the other is HSPA+.

Bascially thou, there should be an option to turn off LTE and fauxG but there isn't. At least you can turn off data all together when you are close.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry... I meant I have it... I think all the Rogers units we only have 8107

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Bummer! But actually, I am glad to know this information. I can toggle between Edge and HSPA+ on my N8, and the device has an option for dual mode as well; I was hoping to have the same functionality on the Lumia. Oh well...gotta give up a few things to gain better things, I guess :)

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
ok, I was just complaining about this yesterday and I got a surprise today. I found myself with great Edge coverage at my desk and went to settings and the max connection speed shows up. I choose Edge and and now it stays there. A friend who sits a few desks away still has 1-2 bars of 4g like i normally have and he does not have the option. Next time he is in Edge, he is going to see if the option shows up for him but my theory right now is if you are in edge it will give you the option of max connection speed but if you are in 4g it will not.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Since I was screwing around with ##DATA# yesterday we decided to mess with his. after doing ##DATA# and going into settings and setting it to 2G only he is now able to force it to Edge in the normal setting menu even though he had a couple bars of 4G. so New theory. Go to ##DATA# click the ... then settings, set it to 2G only. Exit out, go to settings, Cellular and see if you can set the highest data rate.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have LTE in my area yet but worst case we should be able to just put it back on 3g or automatic and in ##DATA# and it should act normal again.

mayoo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Even with us Rogers we have only three options E, 3G, 4G and mine set to 4G and i see LTE on the Indicator ... So for rogers Lumia 900 4G = LTE ... ( Even though thats not theoretically correct )

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss