Data problems after update

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to have those data problems again, where it won't connect, this sucks. any suggestions? I've already done the update

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
take it back to a corp store and exchange it i don't know what else to say i didn't have the data problems before or after the update. but sounds like you need to exchange the device if it still has issues afterwards.

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I too was fine before the update and all messed up now. Emails not sending,not being received. I went in to store today and they tried a new sim. That hasn't helped. All seemed to work if I keep WiFi off, but just found out I wasn't receiving texts. Will go back and exchange for a new one. Trying hard to make peace with phones limitations (read: lackluster camera), just when I think I have, this data issue rears its head. Seems to be getting worse. Noticed it tuesday for first time and today.it has been really bad.

mihesq

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Never had data problems before the update, but now I have them all the time, very frustrating. Also have had GPS issues. Not good.

This is weird, my phone was showing no connection, and I was not connected to a WiFi, yet I was able to post this message.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
im now having data issues AGAIN damn it after the update. i already swapped my phone once and i updated my new one as soon as their software update came out. it seems to work fine after i reboot the phone for 30 minutes maybe but after 30-45 minutes, data stops working again. i took it back to my at&t store today and they told me that they dont have any left in stock, i can get another phone or check back again tomorrow..
this really sucks man..

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of things to check:

1. Do you have the battery saver on, you can tell by looking at the battery meter icon at the top.
2. Go into setting for your email, do you have it set up (as items arrive)? Also which email are you not receiving, is it hotmail?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Also it may be an issue with your sim card and not your phone. Maybe see if they can swap out your sim card to see if it will work :)

Do you also have the correct data plan (4g LTE), this also can cause issues.

Hope this helps!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I too was fine before the update and all messed up now. Emails not sending,not being received. I went in to store today and they tried a new sim. That hasn't helped. All seemed to work if I keep WiFi off, but just found out I wasn't receiving texts. Will go back and exchange for a new one. Trying hard to make peace with phones limitations (read: lackluster camera), just when I think I have, this data issue rears its head. Seems to be getting worse. Noticed it tuesday for first time and today.it has been really bad.

Fyi, texts come over your voice channel. Turn off WiFi and data, and you still get texts.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, texts come over your voice channel. Turn off WiFi and data, and you still get texts.

I am thinking this is your sim card. Also another trick with Data, put it in airplane mode then take take it out of airplane mode, it registers with the network, and hopefully will make it work :)

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone was fine until the update; now I have to switch to and from airplane mode in every LTE area or it stays on HSPA+ forever, even when there are 5 bars of LTE available.

I never had an issue with no data at all or email though, before or after.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)