White Nokia Lumia 900 from AT&T

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No it is not gonna revolutionize anything and the novelty of the chassis wore out pretty quickly after using it for the first time. What's left is just good ol' windows phone, which can be a pain in the *** once you get pass the smoke and mirrors of all the smooth transitions and scrolling.

The white lumia is so much nicer than the mushy and dingy cyan and black ones. It feels really solid and not oily at all. It's not slippery and seems to have a lot of friction. Maybe it was a new model on display at the AT&T store so it wasn't oiled up enough yet. They had all three in a row and the glossy white just popped in comparison to the other two.

The power button is small, recessed, and positioned in a lame spot. Why the **** would you put it in the MIDDLE of two other buttons? The volume buttons and power button are the same size and feel and right next to each other. If you want to put the power button on the side, follow Samsung's example and put a prominent, easy to push one near the top, where the index finger falls on. Some things just baffle me that they passed even the most rudimementary of QA or actual use.

I had the same thought, then I realize it's actually placed very well and I was letting old habits get in the way. There are two ways to hit the button if you're right handed, and one good way if you're left handed.

5U5Mp.jpg

Right-handed use the tip of your thumb or the middle of it, left-handed use the tip of your middle finger. If it were at the top it'd be less convenient to reach it because you'd be stretching your fingers way up and adjusting your grip. Just ask people with a titan.

Last edited:

vishrb

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the red hue too, especially in low light. However, I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket.Seems like this is a AMOLED issue?

I started a new thread about this as the second white 900 I got also had the same issue. It was not just a bit off but no where near the cyan. I will post a pic ASAP.

ad2107

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I started a new thread about this as the second white 900 I got also had the same issue. It was not just a bit off but no where near the cyan. I will post a pic ASAP.
I have the same with my new white 900. But only when the screen brightness is set to Medium and Automatic Adjustment. If you turn Auto Adjust off, at the highest medium level there is less of the red tint.

Does anyone know if this occurs on the cyan or black 900s?

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same with my new white 900. But only when the screen brightness is set to Medium and Automatic Adjustment. If you turn Auto Adjust off, at the highest medium level there is less of the red tint.

Same issue with the hue being off color compared to the other Cyan and Black L900. Keyboard looks purplish when on automatic or low setting.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Stuck some tiny bits of paper in the camera button slot to keep it from rattling, and now the button wakes up the phone every time. Crisis 1: averted.

Still have to keep it on Medium to avoid the pinkish grays, but now I've noticed the phone has a discoloration on the bottom left of the screen--the grays from menus now looks yellowish :(

I love this phone but can I get one that doesn't have any issues?!

kicknik

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who exchanged a different color for white, did you have to pay the restocking fee?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who exchanged a different color for white, did you have to pay the restocking fee?

If you bought it through the ATT store (not att online) then yes. If you bought it through att online then no (at least no if you preordered). I paid nothing for switching my preordered phone but did have to pay a restocking fee for my wife's phone since we purchased at the actual store.

HifiGuy900

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If you bought it through the ATT store (not att online) then yes. If you bought it through att online then no (at least no if you preordered). I paid nothing for switching my preordered phone but did have to pay a restocking fee for my wife's phone since we purchased at the actual store.

Dont understand the lousy logic behind all this differentiation. Its the same company and I really don't care if it cost them more to do business one method or the other. Isn't it the cost of acquisition, so why pass it back on to us? And upgrade fee $36? Don't understand that as well. You want me as customer and also want to charge me to do the administrative tasks of retaining me? That's ridiculous!

prathyushms

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I pre-ordered my phone and my friend bought it from store.... we both exchanged it for the white and we didn't have to pay the restocking fee

zinrai

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

This was happening with my cyan lumia. Any time the brightness was below medium, the whole screen would have a purple tint to it. Got it exchanged today for a new cyan that doesn't have the screen problem. Try and get yours replaced before your 30 days is up!

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

no i didn't but i had a valid reason my black one had the rattle , and the screen clicked when you pressed the upper right hand corner so they had no choice and even though they tried to give me a black one i said nope give me a white one and they did. no restocking fee since there was a defect on my phone.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife the white one yesterday. I have the cyan. I set it up for her but it was while we were out and about so it was sunny. She complained last night the pictures did not look as good as mine. I took a look and it did nlook off. I started to notice that the screen has a red hue to it. There are no greys or whites. They are a bit off. I am guessing the screen is bad. Curious if any one has noted this with the white one?
I got one Sunday night and that's the first thing noticed from the Quantum I've been using. I notice a bluish tint to everything. Even the whites have a bluish tint. I'm going to take it back and compare it to the display models at the store..

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I went to the At&t last night at around closing. The White Lumia 900 looks nice but it is kind of slippery in your hand. I know i would drop it! It is the only reason why I will stick to my Black L900.
It is fricken slippery. As much as I hate to cover it up will be getting a Casemate for it.

brochacho

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the red hue too, especially in low light. However, I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket.Seems like this is a AMOLED issue?
I took my White one back yesterday, its seems like an issue with the screen supplier... Every white phone in the store had the same issue so i went back to a black one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb