Contacts Transfer App

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I ran the Contacts Transfer app from Nokia last night and it transferred over 400 contacts. I had no idea I saved so many contacts. My question what's the best/fastest way to remove the duplicates?

I logged into my Hotmail account and I am deleting them one by one. Will these deleted contacts eventually be removed my my Lumia? I checked my phone a few minutes later but I still see the contacts I deleted from my Hotmail account.

Thanks for any info.

-Rich

Cypz

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I ran the Contacts Transfer app from Nokia last night and it transferred over 400 contacts. I had no idea I saved so many contacts. My question what's the best/fastest way to remove the duplicates?

I logged into my Hotmail account and I am deleting them one by one. Will these deleted contacts eventually be removed my my Lumia? I checked my phone a few minutes later but I still see the contacts I deleted from my Hotmail account.

Thanks for any info.

-Rich

You can clean up duplicate contacts in hotmail.
1 - Login to your hotmail/live mail account.
2 - Select Contacts.
3 - Select the Manage drop-down menu.
4 - Select Clean up contacts.

If your contacts are set to sync on your phone then they should eventually sync. This does take some time to complete depending on what you have your "Download new content option set to. You should set it to as items arrive, at least until you are finished updating contacts.

Make sure you have your Live ID account on your phone set to Sync your contacts. Follow the steps below to adjust the settings are just described.

On your phone do the following to setup synchronization between hotmail and your phone.
1 - Select Live mail tab
2 - Select "..." options menu.
3 - Select Settings.
4 - Select the target email account.
5 - Select Sync Settings.
6 - Check the items you want to sync with the account.
7 - Change Download new content option to as items arrive

Hope this helps.

Cypz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo