Do ALL Focus S have the popping noise issue when changing music tracks?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey woodbane, what's the chance you'd like to try out a Titan II? I got one that I'm willing to sell, simply because I'm trying to save up some money.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey woodbane, what's the chance you'd like to try out a Titan II? I got one that I'm willing to sell, simply because I'm trying to save up some money.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

Unfortunately at this point I think I'm ready for a change. The Titan II is a fine device but it's still running WP7 and is even more locked down than my Focus. At least I'm running a custom ROM on my Focus. I'd be stuck with stock on the Titan II.

Thanks for the offer though.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. The good thing is I'm open minded enough about platforms to be able to jump around without bias to one in particular. If MS blow everyone away with WP8 then I could easily be back! :-D And who knows? If the Android phone I've ordered fails to impress then I might only be gone a very short time anyway. :p

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Atrix 2. I had a budget and was still looking to remain off contract. Looks like a nice phone and the car dock is pretty sweet as well.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Does it pop while manually changing tracks or when the song goes to the next in line?

I tried it yesterday in my car (just for this thread :cool:) and I couldn't replicate the pops while switching between tracks.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Is yours stock or aftermarket?

Mine is fully aftermarket aside from about 3 wires behind the head unit and the antenna lead. I run a 5 channel aftermarket amp. The 3.5mm aux cable "passes through" a USB add-on box that passes through an HD radio box then into the head unit. The boxes are effectively disabled when aux is selected, but perhaps there is some filtering going on...

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Is yours stock or aftermarket?

Mine is fully aftermarket aside from about 3 wires behind the head unit and the antenna lead. I run a 5 channel aftermarket amp. The 3.5mm aux cable "passes through" a USB add-on box that passes through an HD radio box then into the head unit. The boxes are effectively disabled when aux is selected, but perhaps there is some filtering going on...

Stock Hyundai Sonata Radio. Ah well, moot point now as I'm moving over to Android for a spell until WP8 is released.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Hyundai, aha. Maybe I'll encounter someone else with a popping issue in those cars (audio is a hobby of mine).

Or maybe I got a "good" Focus S since it doesn't seem to have any popping issues at all...

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I plug my Focus S into a few devices.

First is my stereo in my truck, a Sony Xplod head unit with stock speakers, and I get the loud pop between songs. Head unit is amplified.

Second, I plug it into a Samsung (go figure) home theater DVD player that has surround sound speakers attached to it. It, too, is amplified, and hear the pop noise.

The last thing I use is a set of Altec Lansing desktop computer speakers when I am at work. They are also powered and amplified, and I hear the pop noise.

One weird thing is that I started using a Bluetooth hands free device made by Scosche that plugs into the 3.5mm port on the front of the Sony head unit and allows audio streaming from the phone as well as phone calls. It can be hit or miss with the popping noise. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

turbulent28

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Noticed the popping sound on my car yesterday. I have (forgot the name) one of those ground filters in my car for my AUX. I had purchased it because my ipod would making a buzzing sound while it was being charged and playing music. Well that didnt help the ipod or my samsung..

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I've got the popping noise when using the headphone jack, not when using Bluetooth. I'm on 8107, so that hasn't fixed it. It doesn't pop loud enough to really be much of a distraction, though.

big_slim750

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Could anyone else verify this?

Yes! Updated my Focus S to Tango and the Samsung firmware update. No more popping between tracks. There is however a slight "whine" (like from a ground loop/alternator) when plugged into the car charger during playback, but it is barely noticeable. It does not do that on battery power.

I love this phone even more now than my original Focus. Keyboard and touchscreen response is so much better than before as well! I had lost it for Samsung up until this update.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Updated my Focus S to Tango and the Samsung firmware update. No more popping between tracks. There is however a slight "whine" (like from a ground loop/alternator) when plugged into the car charger during playback, but it is barely noticeable. It does not do that on battery power.

I love this phone even more now than my original Focus. Keyboard and touchscreen response is so much better than before as well! I had lost it for Samsung up until this update.
I agree with 100% of this post! My Focus S is so much better now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte