Battery Issues after Update

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
:straight:Let me preface this problem by saying I followed all the steps to the letter. I have been rooting and ROMing android phones for about 3 years now so I know the importance of following instructions. :straight:

I forced the 8107 update to my arrive with all the language packs it said I needed and the Hardware info cab I needed.

My first few days were pretty standard windows phone experience, great battery life, fast scrolling and rock solid connection to 3g in my area.

Days later I noticed by phone would chew threw battery. 100% in less than 8 hours. I unplugged it last night at 100% at 1:45AM and woke up at 8:31AM to my phone shutting off. Curious I plugged the phone in to charge it cause the power button did nothing to turn on the device and sure enough it came on with 0% battery.

Anyone else adventurous and try the 8107 update with the same results?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it not a Data thing. Typically your Data connection is the only thing that can chew through your battery that fast, aside from keeping the screen on. I have had my Surround lose all its juice overnight after losing my signal, probably while they were working on towers.

Turn your data off for an overnight and check you battery grain results. Even with WiFi on, it shouldn't be more than 10-12%.

Unlikely that 8107 had anything to do with it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I think it was a one off, I updated both profile and prl and let it die and fully charge again and it is rock solid now.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs