samsung focus s showing question mark (?) at battery craching bar

c0dezer0

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi Frnds,
Have you know this bug or solution for this issue.
I bought new Samsung focus S and when trying to charge the phone a strange think happening. It is showing question mark (?) at battery charging status after two or three charging indicator blink. Its brand new unlocked phone. Sim card is not inserted yet.
This is happening with wall and laptop both way.

What I tried:
Reboot the phone - no success
Removed the battery- no success
Other data cable (my old Samsung focus cable) - no success
Samsung focus charger and data cable - no success.

could you please advise.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I have never heard of a question mark appearing on the battery icon...

If it's brand new send it back for a replacement :)

But in the meantime, have you tried leaving the phone plugged in without the battery inserted for 10 minutes or so? I did have an issue once where the battery was not being recognized by the phone and this solved it (original Focus, not the S).

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Frnds,
Have you know this bug or solution for this issue.
I bought new Samsung focus S and when trying to charge the phone a strange think happening. It is showing question mark (?) at battery charging status after two or three charging indicator blink. Its brand new unlocked phone. Sim card is not inserted yet.
This is happening with wall and laptop both way.

What I tried:
Reboot the phone - no success
Removed the battery- no success
Other data cable (my old Samsung focus cable) - no success
Samsung focus charger and data cable - no success.

could you please advise.
I have seen that problem before, normally it indicates the battery is kaput :(, I would suggest getting a replacement.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I ran into the same problem with my Lumia Monday. I had the question mark on the battery bar and the screen wouldn't respond to swipes so I could turn it off the usual way. I ended up holding the power button until it eventually did power down and when I turned it back on the phone worked fine.

I guess my next move would have been to a ATT store since my battery is sealed. :confused:

jaysees

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
this happened to me recently and i think it was due to an accidental pull from a car charger. when i connected it to the original wall charger it seems like its charging with no problem. hopefully that fixes that problem for everyone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon