Marketplace tile showing updates, but no update in market

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For the last week my Marketplace Tile will randomly show I have updates but when I go to the actual Marketplace there are no updates showing up.

At first the live tile was just showing 1 update, but today it showed 2. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Nokia L900 using Board Express

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
For the last week my Marketplace Tile will randomly show I have updates but when I go to the actual Marketplace there are no updates showing up.

At first the live tile was just showing 1 update, but today it showed 2. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Nokia L900 using Board Express
Yeah my phone was doing that a few days towards the end of last week. Haven't had it happen in a few days.

I have a 1st gen Focus and wife has Lumia 900. She said her phone was doing it too.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this alot even when I was still using the surround before I got the Lumia 900

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've run into that a few times with my Titan. It took me awhile but I think I finally figured out the fix. It's pretty complex. Ready? Reboot your phone.

Seriously, that's it. The times I've run into the bug, I reboot and go back into the Marketplace. Even if the live tile hasn't updated, all your updates show up again. In every case the missing updates were ones that had showed up at some point in the past but apparently never installed.

Dex84

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
App updates

Thanks Fiann, for the info. That was such a simple fix. And to think I was going to call tech support or something. Makes me so glad I checked for a fix on line first. I would have felt so foolsih.

Btw, mine isn't a Nokia. HTC Trophy, but the fix of course works on it also. Thanks.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the marketplace app and functionality of WP is kinda spotty. It won't tell you that there are updates sometimes unless you force it. Needs a bit of work. Maybe 7.8 and 8 will fix the problems.
-joe-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb