Remote wipe not possible with L900?

Pbear74

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got word from my IT dept that the 900 is not able to be remotely wiped, is this true? It is one of the tests that each phone must pass before it is approved for use by employees and because of this I will not be getting one.

It is connected to exchange 08 and is using McAffe's Enterprise Mobile Management System.

Any ideas?

:mad:

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is part of the standard Windows Live "Find My Phone" functionality, which consists of Find, Ring, Lock, and Erase. I've tried Find and Ring and *they* work, but I'm not clicking Erase thankyouverymuch.

You do have to set it up on the phone (near the bottom of the Settings menu), as I recall.

Pbear74

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is part of the standard Windows Live "Find My Phone" functionality, which consists of Find, Ring, Lock, and Erase. I've tried Find and Ring and *they* work, but I'm not clicking Erase thankyouverymuch.

You do have to set it up on the phone (near the bottom of the Settings menu), as I recall.
Yeah, i know that it exists on the windows live but we use mobile managment tools that do this as well, it works on my Focus but the 900 did not pass.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, i know that it exists on the windows live but we use mobile managment tools that do this as well, it works on my Focus but the 900 did not pass.

Unless there is a component in the later build of WP7 that has changed if the Focus supported this the 900 should as well. Have they told you specifically what the issue is?

Pbear74

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
From what i am gathering, they issue the command from Exchange and it sends it successfully. There are no error messages, however the phone does not respond to the command and does not get wiped.

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It may be an issue with the version of Exchange your company is running. Maybe whatever version of Exchange Server they are running can't properly issue the command to the Lumia 900?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
What OS version is your Focus at? The 8107 keyboard fix update also included fixes for Exchange syncing, maybe they broke something or removed some compatibility, (though unlikely)?

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure it's not just an issue with one phone? I've updated my focus with 8107 and it wiped from my Exchange server just fine when I was testing it before I moved it back to being my work device (and it worked more than once, to be sure). I haven't been able to try 8112, but it's possible it's broken in some way that 8107 and older aren't (although I am getting a Lumia in a few days - I could test with that)..... Again, not sure one way or the other, but are we sure it's not just a problem with that device?

Last edited:

Pbear74

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
its hard to test another device since we get one device to test. also, im not sure if the data connection patch has been applied to this phone yet, i have advised them to check if there is an update available for this phone.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have a Lumia 900 here, and before I went and customized it totally I added it to my Exchange server and sent a remote wipe earlier today. It worked just fine, for what it's worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers