My take on Life after iOS

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Mango is still quite immature compared to iOS 5 or Android ICS. A little detail I notice today in the Calendar app. Swiping to the left or right did not navigate to previous/next days/months. Lots of obvious missing features like that in Mango. Hopefully Apollo fixes it, but the average consumer has no true compelling reason to buy a WP instead of an iPhone.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Mango is still quite immature compared to iOS 5 or Android ICS. A little detail I notice today in the Calendar app. Swiping to the left or right did not navigate to previous/next days/months. Lots of obvious missing features like that in Mango. Hopefully Apollo fixes it, but the average consumer has no true compelling reason to buy a WP instead of an iPhone.

There are plenty of reasons for an average person to buy WP7 instead of an iPhone.

Here are some reasons someone might not like the iPhone
1. 3.5" screen
2. No LTE
3. Grid of apps makes the baby jesus cry
4. Hate iTunes
5. Don't want to worry about holding the phone wrong
6. Dual glass sides have a high rate of breaking
7. One form factor

I had an iPhone 4 and while it was an ok experience, it failed in a few areas. First, the reception was not that good and I dropped calls frequently. Second, it took too long to do stuff since to do anything I had to open the apps. Third, the 3.5" screen is just terribly small.

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I just read the right up and thought it was well written. Good read. I just came from android and before that had an iPhone. I went from iPhone to android because I wanted to try out custom roms. Had the Nexus S for 9 months and loved it. Great phone. However as with android it froze, poor battery life, and lags made me want to try the Lumia. I've have the phone for exactly two weeks now and I keep finding out more and more about the phone that I love. I'm happy with my choice. I'm looking forward to Microsoft to continue to do great things with the OS to truly compete with iOS and Android.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

chloemurphy

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

That's because you swipe up and down, not left and right.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I was going to say the same thing. Lol. Swipe up and down maaaan!
One reason I think MS went with doing things the way they do is because so many companies are trying to sue other companies for doing things the same way. Some people aren't good with change. I am, so windows phones are great in my opinion.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers