Are carriers holding back much needed firmware updates?

Can94

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a my Optimus 7 at firmware 1.0.9.10 on Telus. My battery goes until the end of the day but I am wondering how much longer it would be with the newest firmware update it only lasts with normal usage if I play a game like Wordament it sucks up battery life. Though I have the newest software update just wish I would have everything up to date.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Carriers don't want to push a bunch of small updates. They rather just wait to push them all at one time when a bigger update that adds more features is available

Can94

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Carriers don't want to push a bunch of small updates. They rather just wait to push them all at one time when a bigger update that adds more features is available
Yah I know TELUS has already given me the 8107 update but they didn't update the firmware with it. My phone's hardware would most likely work better with the latest firmware.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh I see. That's different. I don't get why they didn't do any bug fixes on a hardware level. Maybe they are waiting on tango

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Bell has pushed every OS update individually but I've yet to receive any firmware for my HD7. I've had it for almost a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky