Help! My 900 just went black. Completely dead....

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had my white 900 for 3 weeks now. Cme from Palm and I was loving the phone. Woke up this morning, checked my emails and the news, put the phone in my pocket (by itself) for 2 mins.....picked it up again and NOTHING. Doesn't come on, doesn't charge, nothing.....what the **** is going on......never had an issue with the phone until this.....

Any suggestions other than bring to AT&T is highly appreciated.

I hope I don't have to return it. If I do, will I be able to download all my purchased apps again in the new phone? Hate having to set this up all over again....

.this was one of the things I hated about Palm....Locking up, etc.....I hope this is not a platform issue as I have 10 days left in my 30 days....

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried holding down the power button for a while (30secs-1min)? Try it plugged/not plugged into a wall charger

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like bad luck. As a user of Blackberry, Android, iOS and Windows Phone I can tell you with zero doubt that Windows Phone is the most stable OS on the market. My focus went over 6 months without a reboot and I am on 3 weeks without rebooting my Lumia 900 right now.

Yes you can download all your apps and if you setup skydrive all your pictures will be waiting for you too. All your contacts should be on your live ID so you won't need to worry about them either.

Please let us know how it goes.

chrisz5z

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The same issue happened to me, actually the same day i bought it. I tried holding the power button down for 30 secs, trying a hard reset (while holding Vol+ & Camera press power until it vibrates then release only power). Took it to 2 different AT&T's and they didn't know what to do other than return it, so i did. No probs with my current one though besides the purple tint issue

brorim

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
bought my lumia 800 in February and this happened to me this morning. Had it next to me, charging while I slept and when I woke up it was dead. Been going through all the suggestions on nokias forums but nothing happens, it stays dead.

Going to be trying different things through the day ( sunday ) and if nothing happens it will be returned tomorrow. I hope I'll get a new one :)

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like bad luck. As a user of Blackberry, Android, iOS and Windows Phone I can tell you with zero doubt that Windows Phone is the most stable OS on the market. My focus went over 6 months without a reboot and I am on 3 weeks without rebooting my Lumia 900 right now.

Yes you can download all your apps and if you setup skydrive all your pictures will be waiting for you too. All your contacts should be on your live ID so you won't need to worry about them either.

Please let us know how it goes.

I've had all those phones and none have ever spontaneously bricked themselves so this isn't true.

Sent from my 4G HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Mr Bigs

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had my white 900 for 3 weeks now. Cme from Palm and I was loving the phone. Woke up this morning, checked my emails and the news, put the phone in my pocket (by itself) for 2 mins.....picked it up again and NOTHING. Doesn't come on, doesn't charge, nothing.....what the **** is going on......never had an issue with the phone until this.....

Any suggestions other than bring to AT&T is highly appreciated.

I hope I don't have to return it. If I do, will I be able to download all my purchased apps again in the new phone? Hate having to set this up all over again....

.this was one of the things I hated about Palm....Locking up, etc.....I hope this is not a platform issue as I have 10 days left in my 30 days....

I'm the end it's just a phone take it back and get another one.

Sent from my 4G HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

ktaylor146

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 900 went dead

Hello, just had my Nokia lumia screen go completly black.....wtf, i was just trying to send a text message.... I called our at&t store they advised my to push the volume - button and the power on/off button together, it should vibrate. (make sure to take it off the charger) So i tried this several times, and IT WORKED, FINALLY. Just WANTED TO POST HOW TO REBOOT YOUR NOKIA LUMIA. I was thrilled.

Kathy 6/2/2012

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello, just had my Nokia lumia screen go completly black.....wtf, i was just trying to send a text message.... I called our at&t store they advised my to push the volume - button and the power on/off button together, it should vibrate. (make sure to take it off the charger) So i tried this several times, and IT WORKED, FINALLY. Just WANTED TO POST HOW TO REBOOT YOUR NOKIA LUMIA. I was thrilled.

Kathy 6/2/2012

Thanks, same thing happened to me but you saved my L900.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss