Out of curiosity...

lilb1190

May 8, 2012
Visit site
What the heck is the Fujitsu IS12T, and where do I need to live to get one? It seems like more of a beast than either the Lumia or the Titan II based on specs alone. Why dont I ever hear about it?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It's only distributed in Japan at this time. I have read that Fujitsu plans on expanding their marketing in the future.

lilb1190

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's only distributed in Japan at this time. I have read that Fujitsu plans on expanding their marketing in the future.
I guess maybe the screen size is less appealing to the North American market, but it has twice the storage space than any stateside windows phone and the camera sounds interesting. If they sold it for around $50 on contract I could see it doing very well (I say $50 because without a strong marketing push it could never compete at the same price level as the L900).

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
That phone wouldn't sell for $50. It would be more like $200-300. Look at the specs compared to the L900. The L900, albeit decent, gets destroyed by the Fujitsu spec wise.

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What the heck is the Fujitsu IS12T, and where do I need to live to get one? It seems like more of a beast than either the Lumia or the Titan II based on specs alone. Why dont I ever hear about it?

You have to live in Japan to get one. You could presumably come here and buy one for about $25,000 with a telephone plan. The carriers are not always ready to sign contracts with foreigners, so you will need your passport, credit card, and an address of residence. SoftBank or DoCoMo might be different than AU with these things.

The IS12T may be big on specs, but it does leave me wanting more. I have one and I love the color, water resistance, actual pressable buttons, and memory size. Every other part is good, but nothing better than any other Windows Phone.

I do wonder why we don't hear about it more. It's the ONLY Windows Phone with built in 32GB of memory. I haven't see any other maker do that yet.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are all Fujitsu phones sold in Japan only? I've never seen any Fujitsu phone in the US.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

niyoko

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Japan has a bunch of companies that only sell domestically, like Sharp, Sanyo, and Fujitsu. It wouldn't surprise me if Mitsubishi has a feature phone at one of the carriers too. :/

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Japan has a bunch of companies that only sell domestically, like Sharp, Sanyo, and Fujitsu. It wouldn't surprise me if Mitsubishi has a feature phone at one of the carriers too. :/
Are you referring to phones? There are plenty of Sharp and Sanyo TVs and appliances available in the. US. I have a Sharp microwave oven.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss