That might be the push I needed...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
For the most part I like my Titan. The screen is nice, it runs smooth and the chassis is well designed. But, as we all know, the Titan has some well documented issues. Issues that are documented both here and on the HTC Community forums.

For the past couple of months I've been unable to post on the HTC forums. Their forums are pretty terrible to begin with so I chalked it up to poor programming and figured I would try again later. Being that I didn't have anything else to say I eventually forgot about it.

Cut to today. I get an email stating that there's a new reply to the "Terrible Call Quality" thread. Someone asked why did all the posts disappear. I look and sure enough nearly all the posts were deleted from that thread and from the "Bug Glitches" thread.

I can confirm that the posts are missing because I kept almost every "responded to" email notification.

Now, it could be a legitimate issue on their end. Some server could of crashed and everything post Dec 20th could have been deleted from their system. But c'mon! First we we lose the ability to reply and then a bunch of posts disappear... Malicious or not, HTC is not trying very hard to keep Titan owners happy.

Seems like now might not be a bad time to sell my Titan and jump on the Lumia train. Sure, I'd hate to give up the Titan's camera and screen size, but this second class silent treatment is getting old.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
That does seem odd. Not sure what to say.

It will be interesting to see how the replys follow after that "missing" question. So did they bring back the ability to reply now since someone has?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC have been dropping market share for all of their phones and poor customer service is a classic example of why it's happening. Even if someone buys a phone with issues the customer perception can be turned around but seeing as they know there are signal and storage issues and have done nothing about it is extremely poor.
I'm going to keep on with the Titan (when it comes back from repair) but even my LG Optimus 7 has better reception. I'll wait for the new phones to start trickling out in October/November as the updated processes should mean the cameras are better and they'll have expandable storage. Seeing as how there is only one company giving love to Windows Phone then my next one will have to be a Nokia (unless they royally screw up).

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my Titan with it's big screen but I'm definitely ditching it the first chance I get (probably after Apollo goes live). The call quality is marginal and I'm just sick of getting such terrible data speeds.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Forums went down right after the first WP launch (11/2010) and remained off the air till January or February. Couldn't even send them an email, as that also appeared to be broken. Eventually it came back online.

Based on what the OP posted though, wonder if my IP/login was just banned for a period of time, as I posted some issues about the Surround just before it a hard reset down (or I was blocked). One of the issues cleared itself with a hard reset but the other has never been resolved. Would be interesting if that could be verified. Don't recall any of my posts being removed, although I have not visited in several months.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried reaching out to the HTC via Twitter but didn't get a response (nor was I expecting one). I could try calling support but I seriously doubt their call center will be able to do anything about fixing the website. As far as I'm concerned, "Quietly Brilliant" just quietly lost a customer. I'm ordering a white 900 when I got off work. I played with a white one at AT&T and it was just so damn sexy. Titan camera be damned, I'll take the 900's superior wifi antenna, a function I actually do need at work. I just recently bought a 300 dollar Canon PowerShot which should be fine for taking pictures if I absolutely have to.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The 900 doesn't have a BSI sensor for low light situations, so anything less than optimal lighting conditions and you end up with a grainy, subpar photo. On the flip side, the Titan has fairly terrible call quality and a weak wifi antenna. Granted those problems are fixed with the Titan II, but I'd rather spend less and get the 900 because Nokia is standing firmly behind its product.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Is the Titan's camera THAT much better than the 900's? The 900 has a Carl Zeiss lens and all.

Well I heard the 900 has problems in low light, though some people also say it's mediocre even under good lighting conditions. For low light, I think the problem is it isn't backside illuminated. If you look at a picture taken by the 900 where there is bright sunlight and shadows, what I usually see is a pretty decent picture where there is light, but the parts where there is shadow is very dark.

I think the other complaint is that the 900 doesn't seem to be a camera that you can just point and shoot. I've seen great pictures from the 900, but it seems that you have to play around with the settings or do some post processing to get great pictures.

This is from what I've seen, by the way. I don't actually own a 900, just a Titan and Titan II.

Figure 8, could you take some comparison pictures if you get the chance so we can see the difference in camera quality between the Titan and 900?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My Titan has just gone back to HTC, hopefully they have done more than a factory reset but I'm not hopeful. I'm looking at the Nokia but I'm still waiting to see if the Titan is better once it comes back from HTC. On a side note a friend at work lost all signal with his, factory reset a couple of time, tried a different SIM card but no luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb