How do you take screenshots on the Lumia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I know that iphones allow you to easily take screenshots by holding down the unlock and home keys at the same time. Is there something similar you can do on the Lumia to take screenshots? Thanks in advance.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
You take a picture of your screen with someone else's phone and then text the pic to yourself:)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Just remember it took Android 3 plus years to get the screen shot feature booted into the operating system.

I am sure Microsoft will get a built in feature by windows 8.

On a side note. It took Apple 2 years to enable MMS on the iPhone (and actually took AT&T an additional 2 months after that to enable mms for AT&T iPhones).

Android copy/past wasn't enabled until 2.3/gingerbread. And it sucked. Android 4.0 finally got copy/paste right.

So no mobile OS is perfect.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Just remember it took Android 3 plus years to get the screen shot feature booted into the operating system.

On a side note. It took Apple 2 years to enable MMS on the iPhone (and actually took AT&T an additional 2 months after that to enable mms for AT&T iPhones).

Android copy/past wasn't enabled until 2.3/gingerbread. And it sucked. Android 4.0 finally got copy/paste right.

Android copy and paste was introduced in Cupcake (Android 1.5), albeit only for the web browser. Still, this was early 2009.

chrisz5z

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I see your point but I kind of disagree with it. Think of when Mango was released. At that time these features that people want on WP7 were available on competing platforms. So why wait the same amount of time to get certain features as the other guys when those features are already out there and should be implemented in your release to stay competitive.

MAGASE79

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I see your point but I kind of disagree with it. Think of when Mango was released. At that time these features that people want on WP7 were available on competing platforms. So why wait the same amount of time to get certain features as the other guys when those features are already out there and should be implemented in your release to stay competitive.

-i agree with your point bro, `cause nokia don't have the financial time to wait that the os get better, i mean, for example, if you use the nokia maps app to share a custom rute by email or sms, the only thing that you are sending is a big and useless link to download nokia maps. in the best of this cases, the link could be helpfull for another nokia lumia user, but if you are not one, the tool to share the rute its a piece of ****.

so, if you are going to introduce a new concept on operative sistem, and want to catch android users, you MUST, AT LEAST, include some obvious features that most of the users already have, like bt transfer, screenshots, and another dissapointment (sure most of you don't know: Im fron argentina, and the marketplace here sucks!, we don't have xboxlive feature, and any kind of games, no angrybirds, no pes, nothing!
just splintercell, asphault 5, earthworm jim, fruit ninja, uno, oregon trail, lets golf 2 and brain challenge.

the only way to get your phone usefull or better, it's triying to be a developer,try the following link. i can't try this because i'm a NSP, and the lumia that i have its from the company, and sometimes i have inspection about the phone...

Mobilism • View topic - How to Developer Unlock WP7.5(mango) for FREE!!(All wp OS)

test mode on lumia ##634# and data menu ##3282#

hope this could help to all of us.
best regards!
mariano

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Step 1-Lay your phone down faced up showing the screen you want printed.

Step 2-Take a second smartphone and with it take a picture of the screen of the first phone.

Step 3-Send picture to first phone, via tex, email, bluetooth, etc.

Step 4-Save new picture to camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion