HTC Connection Setup App for Titan II

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Right right. Does anyone know (while we diligintly wait for HTC to update the Connection Setup app) if there's anything we could manually configure... possibly via the ##3282# option, to get our MMS working? I've given up on trying different T-Mobile APNs, as I've tried all the ones I know, new and old, but ##3282# has a whooooole bunch of options...

that's just a field test mode

Yeah, in a few other phones, like the Dell Venue Pro, I could configure MMS from there. I don't know why HTC doesn't just give us that or an app that we can manually configure so we don't have to wait on them to add profiles for different carriers and MVNOs.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Just an update:

So I got a call from the HTC escalations department on an unrelated issue (shots come out overexposed in BurstShot mode) and I also asked the rep about the HTC Connection Setup App for the Titan II. He said that they are aware of the problem, and he has done several escalations for that problem, so corporate is aware of the issue. As to whether it was intentional or if it is to be fixed by an update, he doesn't know. That was all he could tell me.

HTC better get going and fix this and the Straight Talk problem soon. If WP8 comes out before they have a fix, I'm obviously getting a different phone. One that isn't made by HTC.

tambe292001

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Will that help hey the mmsc settings on the apn settings menu? I go through straight talk and have htc Titan wp7 and there's no mmsc options we can't even use the dam Internet or mms pic text ugh I getting no where with straight talk htc or microsoft

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought this phone off ebay and I live in Canada and I couldn't use this app to setup my connections with Rogers.

After recieving the phone, i did a SIM unlock and it detects my network. For data, i just added the Roger APN in the settings and I get data. My main problem is that I get 4G speeds most of the time rather than LTE. I have a Galaxy S II Skyrocket and that phone gets LTE most of the time and rarely gets 4G so I am hoping this app my fixes my problems.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
according to Nokia, ATT LTE phones are using a special chip to do the LTE handshaking which means LTE is locked to ATT. I call BS but thats why Nokia isn't releasing the connection settings app in US marketplace. This same problem might also apply to the TII since I heard HTC benefitted from Nokia/ATTs LTE collaboration.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
according to Nokia, ATT LTE phones are using a special chip to do the LTE handshaking which means LTE is locked to ATT. I call BS but thats why Nokia isn't releasing the connection settings app in US marketplace. This same problem might also apply to the TII since I heard HTC benefitted from Nokia/ATTs LTE collaboration.

Well apparently Nokia has been able to take care of the problem and are supposed to release the updated Network Setup app to the Marketplace soon.

If Nokia can fix it, why can't HTC?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
a Titan II? Want to trade for my 900?

Lol that's actually what I originally wanted a couple months back. I was actually planning to put up a for trade post back then, but that never happened haha. I think I was afraid of the camera quality. Anyway, I might be okay with a trade, since Nokia published the Network Setup app today.

Any details? Color, condition, still have original box and receipt?

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol that's actually what I originally wanted a couple months back. I was actually planning to put up a for trade post back then, but that never happened haha. I think I was afraid of the camera quality. Anyway, I might be okay with a trade, since Nokia published the Network Setup app today.

Any details? Color, condition, still have original box and receipt?

Still have box, cable, charger, documents. Not 100% on receipt but I think I have it. There are three or four milimeter length nicks on the outside, but you can only see them if you're really looking. Nothing a case can't cover up, which I have. Also with a screen protector, because...

I put it in my pocked when I was moving and took the phone out to find a few scratches on the screen. Nothing insane, by any means, but I could feel them when I held the phone. I could only see them with the screen off, too. Slapped a screen protector on here and it's smooth, plus I can honestly barely notice them. I can send you a picture if you want.

Oh, it's white, by the way. Case is grey.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Still have box, cable, charger, documents. Not 100% on receipt but I think I have it. There are three or four milimeter length nicks on the outside, but you can only see them if you're really looking. Nothing a case can't cover up, which I have. Also with a screen protector, because...

I put it in my pocked when I was moving and took the phone out to find a few scratches on the screen. Nothing insane, by any means, but I could feel them when I held the phone. I could only see them with the screen off, too. Slapped a screen protector on here and it's smooth, plus I can honestly barely notice them. I can send you a picture if you want.

Oh, it's white, by the way. Case is grey.

PM Sent.

i politely ask you take the deal making offline from this thread.

No worries, I wasn't planning to hijack my own thread to do a deal. :p

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well it looks like Nokia beat HTC to the punch. They have an app that works with Straight Talk now....HTC nothing. I guess I'll switch over to my 900

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6