Any way to bypass AT&T throttling 4G LTE??

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900, and I have loved it from day 1, however I have hated AT&T from day 1.

Now they are throttling my LTE data and I used just over 2GBs of data.

Does anyone know of a way to bypass this somehow by changing the APN or something? I know this is possible on android phones so I was just wondering if someone knew of a fix?

Thanks in advance!

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually AT&T throttles LTE data after you pass 5GB. 3G data is throttled after 2GB.

Bypassing throttle isn't possible on WP.

ftap

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T doesn't throttle grandfathered unlimited users who use LTE at 2gb

Heck they don't throttle hspa/3G until u hit 3GB.

Att throttles LTE data users starting at 5 GB.

So not sure where you get your information from.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900, and I have loved it from day 1, however I have hated AT&T from day 1.

Now they are throttling my LTE data and I used just over 2GBs of data.

Does anyone know of a way to bypass this somehow by changing the APN or something? I know this is possible on android phones so I was just wondering if someone knew of a fix?

Thanks in advance!

Where are you getting this information?

AT&T's policy is you get throttled after 3GB of data on 3G/HSPA+ and a separate meter of 5GB of data usage before throttling on LTE.

h11wiscan

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I use LTE because it is faster than the cr*ppy ISP I have where I live.

Sorry about the typo meant to say 5GB of data has been used.

My data connection has been throttled. Is there a way to bypass it through the APN settings?

sleewok

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
not to hijack this thread but since we're on an AT&T discussion...what are people (if you are) using to bypass the $20 monthly text plan?

I used to use Google VOICE SMS. It's free. The only thing it doesn't support are the automated SMS messages, and MMS. There should be some clients you can use MetroTALK for this purpose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb