Charging: USB Cable vs BB Charger & Low battery life

collapsed

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a pretty new LG Optimus 7 user..I somehow managed to lose my charger on a trip..I can now charge my phone with either my USB Cable or my BB Charger.
Is there any difference between charging it with my LG Charger and BB Charger?

Also..the battery life seems very poor (12 hours..I reseted it thinking it would help and .. I think it helped a little) . I'm on wi-fi at home and on EDGE when I'm outside...(I did not chose 3G because I thought it would drain more battery...There is 3G signal in every corner of my city though. I'm using it quite a lot (medium-high usage) but I don't think the battery is supposed to hold 12 hours at max

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Chargers do have different mA output ratings, so a different charger my charge your battery slower, or faster if it has a higher rating, but AFAIK all WP and BB devices use a standard micro USB port so you should be fine. I don't use my stock HTC charger on my HD7. I use a Samsung charger from my last phone because of the longer cord and it works great. As far as battery life goes, I pull about 4-6 hours of med-heavy usage and about 15 if I don't touch it AT ALL, so I'd say 12 is pretty decent. If you have the official Facebook app it's a battery-rapist... I use the browser for anything I can't do with the built in.

collapsed

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Chargers do have different mA output ratings, so a different charger my charge your battery slower, or faster if it has a higher rating, but AFAIK all WP and BB devices use a standard micro USB port so you should be fine. I don't use my stock HTC charger on my HD7. I use a Samsung charger from my last phone because of the longer cord and it works great. As far as battery life goes, I pull about 4-6 hours of med-heavy usage and about 15 if I don't touch it AT ALL, so I'd say 12 is pretty decent. If you have the official Facebook app it's a battery-rapist... I use the browser for anything I can't do with the built in.
Well the facebook app doesn't give me any notifications and it only updates manually..so it should not use that much battery when it's closed. I also only open it when I want to check someone's wall or something (20-30 mins / day tops). I don't like how the browser opens the m.facebook.com and not the touch.facebook.com :/

Allthisforwhat

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a BB cable for charging my phone from the work computer. It seems to work just as well as whin I charge it from the computer at home with the original cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss