Anybody figure out the Data not working thing?

kiramon

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Where you lose Data and it cant reconnect without toggling Airplane mode/restarting the phone?

Still have this issue and it ruins the GPS on this phone (as in, it cant reconnect so the GPS becomes useless because you have to toggle through airplane mode so much).

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Nokia has nothing to do with HTC's connection issues.

Well it does have nothing to do with HTC, but it could have something to do with At&T...which could effect phones that are not Nokia's.

BTW: I haven't had any issues with data connectivity here in the Seattle Metro area...

dizzydevil78

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I think it's AT&T

I think it's AT&T. I've tried all kinds of AP settings with no luck but I've noticed some things that make me feel it's certain AT&T towers that may have this problem. I thought it used to happen every few minutes but:

I've spent time out of the country and never had the problem.
I've spent time in local cities without a problem as well

Interestingly, it'll do it at my house as it'll be dead when I get to work. There also appears to be an intersection that kills it every time as well.

However, I reboot my phone when I get to work and it works for 10 hours without losing it. It's almost like certain towers are causing the problem. At home, I can barely get to the market fast enough to buy something before I lose the data. My wife's Focus (1st gen) never has the problem so I'm wondering if it's the HSPA+ on the towers we are using.

I've actually given up on keeping it active and just reboot the phone when I'm away from home.

I also removed the HTC hub per some forum but I don't know if it helped or it was good timing.

kiramon

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I will agree with you that it's certain towers doing it.

I recently drove to Connecticut from Michigan -- after Ohio, I did not lose my data once. Even going through crappy states where I constantly would drop in and out, I constantly would reconnect to the Data no problem. My GPS lasted the entire way there, and once in connecticut I did not have to reboot/airplane mode a single time -- I always had data.

The moment I got about 2/3rds of the way through Ohio, I had lost data and could not get it back without Airplane mode.

Sigh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett