Disappointed with Nokia's repair/replacement handling

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had been having issues with the touch capacitive buttons on the phone and after speaking with Nokia, they told me to send it in for repair/replacement.

I sent out the phone and waited about a week without any update so I did an online chat with them. They told me that I would be getting my phone replaced, however someone would call me within the next day or two.

Fast forward to the next day (today) I got the call from Nokia and they said they have no black Lumia 900's to send me to replace mine, and that I could choose a white or Cyan model which they will ship today/tomorrow, or I could be waiting weeks for a black one cuz they don't have an ETA.

I think this is pretty ridiculous that Nokia doesn't have any black L900's to send out for replacements. Had I not pushed the issue I am betting I would have been waiting for weeks without any kind of information from them.

I ended up choosing a Cyan model, which is fine. I would have preferred black but I really need my primary phone back.

So anyone who is thinking of getting their black L900 replaced for some reason and getting a new one in a timely manner may want to rethink doing so.

rutvik19

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I can't possibly imagine what's going at Nokia in terms of hardware defects rate and balancing what it costs them to properly repair and replace all these devices. No doubt that their problems are probably made more difficult given their finances as of late.

Having said that, I feel some of this was to be expected. Nokia just upended their entire manufacturing sector in favor of outsourcing to 3rd party companies. I believe over time this new process will get better.

Out of curiosity, did you ask them if your local AT&T store can do the swap instead?

Last edited:

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
They are already going to be sending my out the phone. So I'll just let this finish instead of rocking the boat more. I just hoped that they would have been on top of things a little more.
I was just very frustrated without the phone. I was able to borrow a dumb-phone from my work temporarily. It's a far cry from a Lumia lol.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just sent a Cyan one in for repair that they received yesterday. I HOPE they call me and offer me a white one. I would take that deal in a second.

So far no update for me, but since they just received it yesterday, I'm not too worried.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6