Help!!! Please

jdmp10

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, just purchased my first Windows Phone from a seller on eBay only to find out that it is a Store Unit loaded with the demo firmware looping every few minutes when phone is left idle.

I really was looking forward to this phone and don't want to return it but unless I can find a way to load a retail unit's factory software on here, it looks like returning is my only option.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think you should return it. Amazon has it going for a penny right now (with 2 year contract).

EDIT: sorry... I thought I was in the 900 forum :) Amazon has the 900 going for a penny.

jdmp10

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Not interested in the 900 or a 710 with a contract, which was why I purchased this outside T-Mobile so I can use it with my Monthly 4G plan.

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
I'm new to the WP world, so I hope others may correct me if I'm wrong here. One option that may work is to use Nokia Care Suite to flash the latest T-Mobile firmware to your phone. You can get the latest from using NaviFirm

If you go to Settings > About ..does it say anything there about being a demo? Does all features work normal? Is the demo that plays an app that you can disable or uninstall?

Video tutorial on using Nokia Care Suite that could be helpful if the above will work in turning a demo unit into a regular phone. Nokia Lumia refurbish/debrand/update by Nokia Care Suite - YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05