Changing volume level under locked screen

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I can do it now. Be it using the phone's side buttons or my Samsung Focus' headset. Did they sneak in an update I didn't notice? Its not an intermittent thing either. Been using it for week before I decided to post this.

EDIT: I meant, when the screen is OFF and locked.

Last edited:

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Lucky you. Mine still won't work when the screen's locked. The only complaint I have apart from the camera button not always waking the phone.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I didn't exactly have this problem, even without the very first update I was able to do this with my first two replacements, and also this Lumia I have now. I noticed though it is a lot more consistent, whereas before it worked when it wanted to.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone's camera button usually turns on the camera from under the lock screen.
The volume buttons sometimes work under the lock screen, about half the time.
The Nokia Purity earbuds I recently bought have volume controls which have worked every time under the lock screen (although the play+pause button is a little more volatile).

I really don't understand why sometimes these work and sometimes they don't.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed mine has been working better since the most recent firmware update (Purple/grey fix update).
iloveamystery, you need to be quiet! I already want to buy a set of Purity headphones, the last thing I need is one more reason too want them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077