Life after the update

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So for those of you have have updated your 710 to Tango, how do you like it? Do you really notice any diffences or improvements? Generally was it everything you were hoping for? Don't be stingy, share with the class. :)

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The big thing for me is what appears to be significantly better battery life. It may be my wishful thinking, but it's now nearing 5:15 PM and at this time of day I was always around 40% battery or so. Today it's at 81%. It's crazy. Although, I guess the battery meter could be broken. :p

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So for those of you have have updated your 710 to Tango, how do you like it? Do you really notice any diffences or improvements? Generally was it everything you were hoping for? Don't be stingy, share with the class. :)

Ehm, to be honest, it's just the same as before. Tethering I don't and probably won't use, cause whoever is with me always have their own connectivity available for them. We don't need it at all. The apps will still have to wait untill end july so we can hardly talk about them. Sure there are some subtle tiny changes here and there among the settings (allthough scarce) and I guess some bugs have been delt with, so no complaints there.

The only thing I got a little bit excited about only today when updating, was that it said that export contacts to SIM would be among the added features, which I now can tell is anything BUT.

Sorry, but still quite dissapointed here, and very little to no noticable differences. Doesn't come as a surprise at all though.

I'd plead for stuff like BT file transfer, EQ or some BBoost or something similar and message backup options. Stuff like that would matter a lot more imo, but it ain't gonna happen. Forget all that. :dry
Instead there's tethering which I probably won't use, and in the end, as a cherry on the cake we will get some more colours to choose from ;)

EDIT: btw, battery life seems to be about the same for me. Can't tell for sure yet though...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The big thing for me is what appears to be significantly better battery life. It may be my wishful thinking, but it's now nearing 5:15 PM and at this time of day I was always around 40% battery or so. Today it's at 81%. It's crazy. Although, I guess the battery meter could be broken. :p

Come to papa... My HD7 could use a battery boost.

debanjan

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I could also do with better battery life. My new 710 is running on the BP-4L and it still feels it wont last 10 hours.

Another issue is that the phone gets noticeably heated on 3G and WiFi but otherwise is cool as ice.

I hope these issues are addressed in the Tango release.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine as well. I haven't noticed any differences. If someone has stole my phone and did the updates for me, then given it back to me...I wouldn't be able to tell. Speed and performance, same as before.

I did try the Internet sharing. It works...pretty cool.

I really hope the disappearing keyboard is fixed though. I did have that problem before. Haven't used it enough yet to see if the issue is completely gone.

debanjan

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine as well. I haven't noticed any differences. If someone has stole my phone and did the updates for me, then given it back to me...I wouldn't be able to tell. Speed and performance, same as before.

I did try the Internet sharing. It works...pretty cool.

I really hope the disappearing keyboard is fixed though. I did have that problem before. Haven't used it enough yet to see if the issue is completely gone.

How is/was your battery treating you?

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Dont quote me on this, but I think that better battery life will be introduced in 7.8. Not that it would be better with all the tethering we'll be doing.. Ho ho ho.

dimanov

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Before...the recorded videos was with extremely low sound...after...they've boosted the recording volume but now we have a huge amount of noise. :mad:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't really see any differences. Maybe they were mostly under the hood changes.

I don't know if it's just me but the camera seems to take pictures more quickly. I could just be seeing things though

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running a UK ROM because it has Network Setup installed, as I am using my Lumia 710 on Straight Talk with an AT&T Micro-SIM unlocked from T-Mobile. I need the Network Setup app to add MMS, and this UK ROM has it installed from the start of boot. It was removed from the marketplace, so until I can get confirmation that it is installed by default (or we have access to MMS) on this T-Mobile ROM, I can't install it back yet.

So.....is "Network Setup" installed or added to this ROM? Thanks.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently running a UK ROM because it has Network Setup installed, as I am using my Lumia 710 on Straight Talk with an AT&T Micro-SIM unlocked from T-Mobile. I need the Network Setup app to add MMS, and this UK ROM has it installed from the start of boot. It was removed from the marketplace, so until I can get confirmation that it is installed by default (or we have access to MMS) on this T-Mobile ROM, I can't install it back yet.

So.....is "Network Setup" installed or added to this ROM? Thanks.

I don't think so. I am running the official T-Mo USA Tango and I don't see Network Setup in the Nokia Apps or in the general Marketplace.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I am running the official T-Mo USA Tango and I don't see Network Setup in the Nokia Apps or in the general Marketplace.

Wow that sucks. I know Nokia made an official statement saying that they will return it to the Marketplace soon, but I can't wait on them for MMS. This is just plain ridiculous. From releasing the Lumia 900 knowing it won't get Windows Phone 8 (not trying to start an argument or war or w/e, but that just doesn't seem right to me) to them pulling stuff like this (removing the option to add MMS when you HAD IT in the marketplace...) is just making me lose faith in Nokia now.

Thanks for your quick reply, as I will no longer waste time trying to re-install the T-Mobile ROM and just stick with this one until I read on here that it has been pushed back onto the Marketplace.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything major (was hoping for miraculous battery improvements) and I have used the Internet Connection Sharing (which I do like). Nothing major that I've noticed - but will be watching this thread carefully :)

schiri

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Your carrier should have an online page that shows you your daily data usage.

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried that and saw this messge from TMO: "Unable to fetch your account info @ his time"

Now their site could be down I suppose but I have a hunch that because I'm on a corp. acct. (with other lines) this will not be possible to do.

I found this link though (??) :
Windows Phone News: Usage Monitor - Another Nokia Lumia exclusive app coming soon

Can't locate it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12