Error installing update 8773

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
No, I tried the one were you disconnect your phone in the middle of the update, pull the battery for 5 minutes, and then reconnect. Thought I bricked my phone, and it still didn't work. I'll wait until someone else tries this before I do.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
No, I tried the one were you disconnect your phone in the middle of the update, pull the battery for 5 minutes, and then reconnect. Thought I bricked my phone, and it still didn't work. I'll wait until someone else tries this before I do.

Whoa!!! That sounds really, really scary.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I tried that as well. No progress yet?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 710 on T-Mobile (US) here. Just managed to force update my phone. I posted a quick thing about it here.

It was really painless.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
You're not having any troubles are you? Because I think I will do this.

No, everything works great and it was really easy to force the updates following the steps. I had to force Zune to find an update 3 times total (using the disconnection trick). The Nokia firmware upgrade was automatic. Just make sure you follow the instructions.

But then again, you could wait and be 100% sure the update process will be smooth. After all, forcing the update through Zune is an unofficial and unsupported way to update.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I just realized that you're speaking of the Zune update, not the self-installed .cab file update xD I'm hesitant to do that :) I've already updated to 8112.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry. I may have posted in the wrong thread. The .cab install is even more of a gamble.

Edit: just to confirm I have 8770 and it worked through the Zune method. It's weird I managed to do it but you guys are having problems.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It is. Nice though. I'm wondering why we get this error out of so many others. Just our luck, right? xD It stops mid-installation for some reason.

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I never thought to inquire: what region are you guys with the errors in? I need specifics of its the us(Midwest, east coast etc)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb