[Q]Lumia 710 Tango Internet Sharing

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering that if the Lumia 710 works with AT&T's 4G network, and the Tango for the T-Mobile USA update is already available, will I be able to do Internet Sharing without paying for a tethering plan? or does the firmware sends any "tethering request" to the provider like on the Lumia 900?

The unlocked roms for first gen WP's don't send a tethering request to the provider, is it the same behavior found on T-mobs Lumia 710?

Po_MD

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about the Lumia 710, but there are some Android devices that don't require that "check-in" with ones carrier. Maybe its the same with this.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Tmobile branded Lumia 710 with a UK ROM on it (because it contains the Network Setup app for MMS settings). I have an AT&T Straight Talk micro sim in it, and I use internet sharing without paying all the time.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Tmobile branded Lumia 710 with a UK ROM on it (because it contains the Network Setup app for MMS settings). I have an AT&T Straight Talk micro sim in it, and I use internet sharing without paying all the time.
Damn, that's a lot of hoops to jump through.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Damn, that's a lot of hoops to jump through.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

LOL....keeps the bills low. I need AT&T's coverage without the price tag. $45 a month is extremely reasonable, for the exact same plan, and free tethering on top of that lol. I would do the same with my Focus Flash, but the locked bootloader is holding me back from messing with it.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

great! so this is possible with the ROM only or with USA Tmobs Tango? months ago I got the code unlock for a 710, I was able to download the Network Setup app but lately I've heard it has disappeared...

How can I load that ROM to a USA Tmobs 710???

Thanks for your reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans