headphone jack

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a problem with anything I plug into my headphone jack. Be it headphones or auxiliary cable to my car or boat stereo. Problem happens with blue tooth on or off. When I plug into jack the volume starts counting down to 0. Then I can't turn volume back up until I unplug headphone jack. Doesn't happen every time but quite a bit. Also doesn't necessarily happen immediately. Very frustrating when your 2-3 songs in and it happens. Other times I will get a speak prompt when plugging in. Anyone else have this issue? And does it sound hardware or software related?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have never had that trouble. I use my headphones and a line out cable all the time on my Lumia 710. But then again, I never use bluetooth.

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
thanks. Same issue with Bluetooth off so that isn't it. I guess I'll try a reset and if that doesn't work its still under warranty. T-mobile said they would supply a loaner. Just hope its a windows phone

legolex

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've run into this when trying to plug my phone into a set of Logitech Laptop Speakers. The phone completely freaks out, the volume either turns all the way up or all the way down then the phone thinks I'm trying to say something to it, like dictate a text message. This hasn't happened with regular headphones or any other devices, just those Logitech Laptop Speakers.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have this too occasionally with my Beats by Dre headphones.

I think its because the socket supports longer jacks with media controls. And therefore if you push the headphone in too far, the music sends signals to the media controls.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with some headphones turning the Speak prompt. Other phones work fine. I don't use Bluetooth so it's off.

Greg Woods

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here.
Once it occurs, sometimes removing the headset will make the phone work OK, other times a reboot is required. It is very frustrating, and is making the new Audible, inaudible!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077