Neither official Twitter App or Mehdoh has notifications

lunloon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I have installed both apps, and none of them shows any notifications when I get a mention (have set in the apps to show notifications when i get mentioned by anyone).

I looked in the background task under settings. Mehdoh is there, Twitter is not.

But I still dun get any notifications from Mehdoh.

Anyone also has the same issue?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I have installed both apps, and none of them shows any notifications when I get a mention (have set in the apps to show notifications when i get mentioned by anyone).

I looked in the background task under settings. Mehdoh is there, Twitter is not.

But I still dun get any notifications from Mehdoh.

Anyone also has the same issue?

Twitter shouldn't show in the background tasks, it uses push much like Rowi. Have you hit your live tile limit or possibly run into the too many tasks bug?

emirozmen

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.

lunloon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I use Rowi for twitter, it's got notifications (Live tile and Toast).

I tried the free one, but it didn't have push. The paid one does, but I dun wan to buy it before I really know it works.

Twitter shouldn't show in the background tasks, it uses push much like Rowi. Have you hit your live tile limit or possibly run into the too many tasks bug?

Care to elaborate?

The official twitter has real push notifications. It just got in the latest update a few days back.
Rowi and Mehdoh have notificatons but they are not real push, however, they come in 2 3 minutes of time.

That's why I tried the official Twitter app. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it just never arrive.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Care to elaborate?

With Mango you are allowed 30 (3rd party) live tile apps as an upper limit. For the task bug there is/was a thread theorizing that if you hit a certain number of background tasks, even if disabled, it would break some (all?) live tiles/push apps. I did a quick search but couldn't find it but remember seeing it in the past week to two weeks.

I'd also suggest trying a soft reset (power off and on the phone) and then if that doesn't work try reinstalling the Twitter app.

ctafield

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Mehdoh runs as a background task, and polls twitter roughly ever 30 minutes or so, you're right, it doesn't have push. This is why you might not see notifications appear immediately .

Rowi does have real push though, its just not real-time, (as you say, it's delayed by about 2 minutes at the moment).

lunloon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
An update today:

For some reason, Mehdoh decided to show me that I've got a new mention on the Live Tile.

Why it started to do this I do not know, will monitor the situation as it continues.

Twitter app, however, does nothing still. Uninstalled.

samicp

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
well, I got the same problem! no notifications for Facebook and Messenger after 8.1 update (I think also twitter)
look, I don't even get them in the notifications+actions wp_ss_20140418_0001.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb