Any HD7's on Tango yet?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if this update is available for the HD7 yet... or if it's my carrier who's holding it back... ??

Cheers. :)

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought that too, but remember HTC said that every Windows Phone HTC device will get update 7.8, so it only makes sense that every device would get a minor update like Tango right? Then again my HD7 is still running 8107.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have unbranded HD7 and successfully upgraded to 8773 a few days ago.

Update went (twice) from 8107, to 8112, then right away another update to 8773.

I use the usual Zune trick. The trick for me is just to try several times and
also try 1 second first. If it doesn't work try 2 seconds before unplugging internet,
if still doesn't work, then try 3 seconds. Try each a couple of times, because
you usually won't get it the first time.

Update went smooth. No problem, the only issue I have is that I failed to see
what the upgrade is all about? I don't notice any difference. I'm sure there are,
but I just don't see it. No new features, no improvements..

Very strange upgrade for me... You're not missing a lot for not upgrading I guess.
I might be wrong (I hope), but that's how I feel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping battery will improve (because this is the only problem I have with HD7),
but I don't think it's the case. Let's see several more days, hopefully the
battery does improve.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have unbranded HD7 and successfully upgraded to 8773 a few days ago.

Update went (twice) from 8107, to 8112, then right away another update to 8773.

I use the usual Zune trick. The trick for me is just to try several times and
also try 1 second first. If it doesn't work try 2 seconds before unplugging internet,
if still doesn't work, then try 3 seconds. Try each a couple of times, because
you usually won't get it the first time.

Update went smooth. No problem, the only issue I have is that I failed to see
what the upgrade is all about? I don't notice any difference. I'm sure there are,
but I just don't see it. No new features, no improvements..

Very strange upgrade for me... You're not missing a lot for not upgrading I guess.
I might be wrong (I hope), but that's how I feel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was hoping battery will improve (because this is the only problem I have with HD7),
but I don't think it's the case. Let's see several more days, hopefully the
battery does improve.

biggest change is you can now send more than 1 picture in a mms, you can send videos and voice mms now.

anon(5344488)

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought that too, but remember HTC said that every Windows Phone HTC device will get update 7.8, so it only makes sense that every device would get a minor update like Tango right? Then again my HD7 is still running 8107.

You're right, HTC has released the update for the HD7 and a Firmware update aswell. But so far Bell has not commited to releaseing those updates to their customers.
I got tired of waiting and downloaded Tango and the Firmware updates from the XDA forums and did the update myself. All has been working well since I updated, no unexpected problems or glitches. And the Firmware update unlocked the Wifi Tethering I had wanted, but Bell refused to give its customers :)

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You're right, HTC has released the update for the HD7 and a Firmware update aswell. But so far Bell has not commited to releaseing those updates to their customers.
I got tired of waiting and downloaded Tango and the Firmware updates from the XDA forums and did the update myself. All has been working well since I updated, no unexpected problems or glitches. And the Firmware update unlocked the Wifi Tethering I had wanted, but Bell refused to give its customers :)

Hi! I was wondering with your updates on your HD7, do you have the send voice notes as an attachment? Because I have received the update from Bell mobility yesterday but I only have pictures or video as attachment.

Please let me know.

iop777

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I was wondering with your updates on your HD7, do you have the send voice notes as an attachment? Because I have received the update from Bell mobility yesterday but I only have pictures or video as attachment.

Please let me know.
How'd you get the update from bell? I'm with them and I haven't gotten a thing.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
How'd you get the update from bell? I'm with them and I haven't gotten a thing.

Hi! I had to do the WiFi trick for the first update 8112. Then I was able to do the 8773. Let me know if it works for you and check to see if you have the attach voice notes in text option. I also I don't have tethering.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Will more than likely be why you're experiencing MMS issues. In order to get 8773 (Tango), I had to perform to second 'force update'. If you're not aware of this procedure, try searching for it on the forum or I'll help you when I'm back home.

In short: Connect phone - open Zune - check for update - severe internet connection whilst its checking- repeat until it finds an update - reconnect internet - update.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Mike Glynn

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
HTC HD7 on O2 in UK Tango Update Available

Just to let anyone interested know, I have a HD7 on O2 in the UK, and it just updated to 8773 without forcing.

It did do some funny things when on the final part of the update (9 of 10 restarting phone) the phone tried to restart about 10 times before it reached the Windows Phone Logo so be patient if it does this for you.

Hope this helps :D

Mike Glynn

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just to let anyone interested know, I have a HD7 on O2 in the UK, and it just updated to 8773 without forcing.

It did do some funny things when on the final part of the update (9 of 10 restarting phone) the phone tried to restart about 10 times before it reached the Windows Phone Logo so be patient if it does this for you.

Hope this helps :D

I also Updated my daughters HTC Radar on O2 as well today, however this phone has been unlocked to any network, so it might not work for everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb