Stuck in headset mode

adaz240

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
For me, it wasnt the little copper part at the top of the jack, instead i took a sewing pin and at the side, there was a little black circle inside 90 degress to the copper part, i just kinda stuck the pin in there and moved it about, checked the phone and it was working again, never shall i use headphones again haha

Brett Chen

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I found a solution but with limitation. I have Lumia icon for 2 years and this year I have experienced the problem 2 times. I never use headphone jack. First time, I did factory reset under Settings/about/reset your phone and it works, but that I hate since it wipes out all your data. Today, I have the problem again. I keep plugging and unplugging the headphone jack, hoping it will suddenly work, but it does not. And, every time when I plug the headphone jack, Cortana shows up. It is very annoying. So, I turn off Cortana by clicking Cortana tile/menu (on top right corner)/settings/turn off/restart. After the phone powers up, the problem is gone. It gets out of headphone mode. Then, you can turn on Cortana if you need Cortana. I think Cortana has something to do with the problem. So, if you don't need Cortana, just leave it off. Also, when I plug the headphone jack again, the problem will show up again. Then, I will just need to turn off Cortana again or turn on, then turn off Cortana. This mean I am better off not using headphone jack and Cortana to keep the problem away.

Updated:
Unbelievable! Today the problem happens again for no reason. And it is still stuck in Headphones mode after I turn on/off Cortana. I gave up & very ready to get a new phone, not Windows phone. After 15 minutes, I checked my phone and it changed back to Ringer mode itself. When it is stuck in Headphones mode, fortunately, it will still ring loud when the call comes in & you can answer the call with a headphone or Speaker feature turned on. I search google and find out even Android phone and iPhone have the same problem. So, good luck.

Last edited:

Abbas Khan6

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Final Result: I was facing the same problem for my Lumia 720. I read the whole discussions and techniques on internet but it didn't work at all. I soft reset, hard reset and change the handsfree for my phone but nothing worked. :(

At last, I sort it out and I want to share it with you:
1. Do not soft or hard reset your phone. (For some cases it might work but keep this as your second option).
2. Pick up a needle and a sharp torch light.
3. Try to pick up all the small metal plates inside of your mobile phone jack (hole). There you will find 3 golden color metal plates assembled in a column and in front of these plates you will find another black / brown colored metal plate. Try to set free or pluck a bit of all of these plates. Specially the one alone in different color (Black / Brown).
4. Once you done it properly. There you go. Check your phone it might work almost for 95% phones.
5. If it didn't then try to soft or hard reset your phone.
6. Update your phone.
7. If these all didn't work then you have to check your phone to customer care.

I hope this might work. If the first method work, please let me know.

Note: Always try to use proper hands free design for your phone and make sure you phone jack (hole) is clean all the times.

have a good day!

AlainJ

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi, had the same problem this morning. Someone in a YouTube clip suggested plugging headphones in and out very quickly.. did that and worked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6