Phone starts playing music when exiting car!

ppoteet

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone dealt with this?

When I turn my car off and get out, my phone starts blasting music! How do I fix this? embarassing.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well, assuming you weren't playing music prior to exiting the car, I'd say your phone has a compatibility issue with your car's bluetooth. If you were playing music prior to getting out of the car that is just the normal way of the phone switching from bluetooth audio to speaker to continue to the music playback it thought you wanted.

ppoteet

May 17, 2012
Visit site
well, assuming you weren't playing music prior to exiting the car, I'd say your phone has a compatibility issue with your car's bluetooth. If you were playing music prior to getting out of the car that is just the normal way of the phone switching from bluetooth audio to speaker to continue to the music playback it thought you wanted.
It happens with both of my vehicles...and I am not playing music. Sometimes when the bluetooth connects, I later find out the phone was "playing music" even though I didn't have the stereo on. Maybe it is the cars glitch, just wierd that they are different cars.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not knowing what cars they are I can't say. I know Ford's Sync system is a little more intrusive with Bluetooth because it has the phone on ready to respond to your voice commands.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a bug with L900s. I've noticed if the music app remains open (ie still shows up in volume bar), connecting/disconnecting to any Bluetooth device will/can automatically play music. This happens with my home and car bluetooth device. I started using Stop The Music app to shutdown music when I'm done listening.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
It has to be an issue with the latest firmware. I have had issues since then with bluetooth audio playback and music/audio apps.

I have this problem with both zune, radio controlled, and other music/audio apps. If the app is in the background and the audio is paused, when bluetooth is disconnected the audio continues to play. If the audio was playing and bluetooth disconnects the audio continues to play.

This is different than hardwired headset, where if the music was playing it will pause when the headset is removed(this used to be the case with bluetooth devices).

This happens both for headset bluetooth and headphones bluetooth (one supports just calls one supports calls and phone audio)

It's verry annoying, ive had to stop using bluetooth in the office since i would walk away from my PC and when i reach the edge of the range my phone starts playing a rap song that i was listening to before. These songs are not always office appropriated.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem as well. I can pause the playback, get out of my car, and once the bluetooth disconnects it'll start playing again on its own.

It doesn't seem to do it when I'm playing locally stored music, but if I'm streaming, it definitely does.

ppoteet

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I started using "Stop the Music" for every music source on my phone. So far it seems to work, and my phone hasn't been acting up either (capacitive button issue).

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem as well. I can pause the playback, get out of my car, and once the bluetooth disconnects it'll start playing again on its own.

It doesn't seem to do it when I'm playing locally stored music, but if I'm streaming, it definitely does.

This is not just a problem with the Lumia - my Focus S did it, my Lumia did it, and my Titan II now does it as well.

Its the Windows Phone OS. Like others have said, the best thing to do when streaming is use the "Stop the Music" app - WP Tools also has the same feature but doesn't offer a "quick" clear button that you can pin to the start screen.

ehuna

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Lumia 920, I've encountered the problem in different ways.
Let's look at a couple of scenarios: supposing I was listening to a podcast and then stopped it on the Lumia 920.

1) If I go into my car (a 2011 Nissan Leaf), and drive around - the moment I turn off the car (and therefore the bluetooth connection ends), the Lumia 920 starts playing the podcast through its speakers.

2) If I'm at home and I have a bluetooth headset paired and connected (the Phiaton PS 210 BTNC), the moment I walk out the room and the headset is out of range (and therefore the bluetooth connection ends), the Lumia starts playing the podcast through its speakers.

Since other devices have similar problems, this clearly seems like a Windows Phone 8 issue; I hope Microsoft product managers and developers are using the Lumia 920 and this will be fixed in the next update.

This is by far my worst complain on the Lumia 920 / Windows Phone 8 since I switched from the iPhone / iOS.

cbuckthree

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing the exact same thing.

I have a Jawbone Jambox at my desk playing music via bluetooth on my Lumia 920. I PAUSE THE MUSIC and take my phone with me to a meeting. 30 or so feet away the bluetooth disconnects from my Jambox and AUTOMATICALLY starts playing my music again.

Please Microsoft fix this. This is the only real annoying gripe I have about my Lumia 920!

OldSkoolVWLover

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Some bluetooth solutions do auto play when they connect, the clarion deck in one of my cars is an example, if there is a source available to play it auto starts on connect. My moto stereo headphones, the "toothpik" BT receiver, and my audivox BT receiver do not do this upon connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6