Upgrade your Focus S to Tango/Samsung Firmware and KEEP Interop unlock / MMS

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no flashable stock image for the Samsung Focus S. You cannot use the backup from someone else's phone ad they are uniquely identified and will only work for that particular phone.

I'm not sure why you're getting that error as its all in Spanish but my guess is that you don't have all the correct files for the install.

Really, you're on version 8107 so I see no reason the upgrade won't work for you provides you follow the instructions exactly.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express Pro

CaixaDagua

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no flashable stock image for the Samsung Focus S. You cannot use the backup from someone else's phone ad they are uniquely identified and will only work for that particular phone.

I'm not sure why you're getting that error as its all in Spanish but my guess is that you don't have all the correct files for the install.

Really, you're on version 8107 so I see no reason the upgrade won't work for you provides you follow the instructions exactly.

Could you tell me what exactly files do I need ?

I have downloaded all the language packs, so I need to know wich file is the correct for the samsung focus s.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Its all clearly laid out in the first post and I give links to all the other sites you need to get files from. You need to read those threads carefully as well as they outline exactly which files you need.

Basically, download all the incremental cab files from your current version up to tango AND the language files for each set. You NEED to check which languages you have installed and you MUST install ALL of them for EVERY stage that they are available for.

I then suggest doing one incremental upgrade at a time with accompanying language packs until you're at Tango.

For goodness sakes backup BEFORE you start this so you can roll back if necessary and keep that backup somewhere safe. I'd also do a final backup of Tango BEFORE applying the final Samsung OEM update, because of the issues surrounding it (see my other thread).

I really can't give you any clearer help than that mate.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
oh im at tango with backups all the way, but i mean this part of your guide

10. At this time I also deployed my Internet / MMS settings via provxml method and applied. Again, double checked all was working.

ok, so the provxml method requires that you install xml data via a XAP which then is imported in to the reg via the use of the diagnostic tool

unless im being incredibly dense i cant see that XML data on either your first post or from XDA (my usual stomping ground!) if you have a link to a template of MMS settings in XML format it would be handy, or if i have been an idiot please feel free to slag me off something chronic!

the interop unlocks and the internet sharing XML data arent what i need, thats already imported in to the diagnostic app, but i will need to import the MMS settings.

no worries if you dont have it to hand, ill dig through the reg and see if i can find the correct addresses and make my own XML data

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just download and install the Wireless Manager from the SAmsung Zone in Marketplace - you can edit all your APN settings in there. It seems like only a few people have had an issue with it not working after upgrading to Tango but for the majority - it works just fine and you can put in your Straight Talk setting there AND get MMS working.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
ah the wireless manager, yes i have that already which is how i got the O2 Mobile network settings to work,and it does work after tango update, no the issue is that ive heard that the samsung firmware update will block access to the wireless manager and revert MMS settings to ATT, then the onlyway to change to O2 again is if you previously installed MMS settings via provxml in the diagnostic tool

to quote your first post,

I used ##634## (Diagnosis app) and *#9908* to get to provisioning menu and because I had already deployed and saved the Internet / MMS provxml file it appeared in the list and allowed me to apply it."

i think i found the correct MMS settings in the reg, ill try writing my own XML file and importing it,

Cheers

Last edited:

c0dezer0

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Updated to 8773 and got Dev/Interop lock

I should read this thread before updated my focus s :(

My internet sharing is locked again, is there any way to unlock Dev and Interop as I have before update to 8773, I also update the firmware.

Please help guys.

dazza9075

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
its the Samsung firmware update that stops it, unless you can revert to a backup made BEFORE you applied the Samsung update then your out of luck, zune does do a backup, but its become clear that some folk have not been able to use this backup to restore to the previous version, currently there is no other way of restoring the unlock

kleinbiker

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The behavior I see is different from the OP. Before the Samsung update I was able to set the provxml using the provisioning menu, pull up the Samsung Wireless Manager and see my internet/mms settings there. After the Samsung update I am still able to see the provxml in the provisioning menu list but after setting it and rebooting I don't see the settings in the Samsung Wireless Manager and MMS doesn't work.

BTW *#9908* doesn't work for me to get to the provisioning menu, *#9908# does.

yockfu

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have updated my Samsung Focus S on AT&T to 8858.136 and I have kept my interop unlock!!!! MMS and everything else appears to be working perfectly!!!!!!!!

I should also say that I was kinda scared of losing my interop, so I was in airplane mode while deploying via Cab Sender. I also ran relock prevent after each OS update.

Page 148 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1306415 lists the cabs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos