Lumia 900 won't boot up

ApexMan

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Discovered my phone this morning trying to boot up.

It was on the charger over night like usual, I don't power it off. The screen was cycling between a blank white screen and a black one with "Nokia", and the phone was warm. I attempted to power off but there was no response as it just kept cycling, eventually I got it to power off by continuously holding the on/off button. Now when I try to power it up I get that little vibration (it's shorten in duration from normal) and the blank white screen comes up for about 5 seconds then nothing, the phone is cold so it doesn't seem to go any further to reboot or power up.

I read another thread on here about the 900 just dying suddenly and it turns out to be a hardware issue so I suppose this is the case. *sigh* Fortunately, there is a AT&T warranty center nearby so I know where I'm going for lunch. :eek:/

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Phone might be dead. Try this:

- Plug in your phone to the charger and let it try to boot up (hold the power button the whole time). After it does it that one time and while still holding the power button, it shouldn't try to power on anymore. You want to hold it down for 5 minutes or so. This will make the phone hold a charge. With any Windows Phone, they automatically try to boot on when being charged, so if it has no juice, it won't power on.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I encountered this issue a few days ago...this solution worked.

My Lumia phone switched off because the battery was completely drained and now nothing seems to happen when I connect it to charger. What should I do? - Nokia FAQ Average RatingIf the battery is completely discharged, it may take several minutes before the charging indicator is displayed or before any calls can be made. In some cases where the battery is extremely low, one of the following tricks may resolve your issue.

•Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable that came in the sales package with your Lumia phone. If the battery has not been used for a long time, to begin charging, you may need to connect the cable, then disconnect and reconnect it.

•Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds, and then press to turn on your phone again.

•Your PC should detect your phone when it is connected using a USB cable, if this is not happening you can manually switch the phone into specific mode following these steps:
1. Disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the camera button.
3. Continue holding down the camera button and connect the USB cable between your phone and PC.
4. Continue holding down the camera button until you see the connect-to-computer screen on your Lumia phone display.
5. Release the camera button.
6. The Zune software on the PC should automatically detect your phone now and charging indicator appears on the display.

If the tricks above does not help, you will need to contact your local Nokia Care. You can find details by clicking the Contact us link in the support pages of the Nokia website for your country.

Note: Your battery has been partially charged at the factory but when taking your new device into use, please keep the charger connected for 30 minutes. It is recommended to use original charger (AC-16).

Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 900 Charging Issue - Nokia Support Discussions

LissaCoffey

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
If the battery has not been used for a long time, to begin charging, you may not need to connect the cable, then disconnect and reconnect it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb