Low battery back up after Tango update

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Getting lower than usual battery back up after updating to Tango (8773.x). Earlier, the battery used to last for more than a day on normal use but now it only lasts for about 14-15 hours even on 100% full recharge.

I even replaced the battery with a new one thinking it might be battery issue but to no avail, the problem persists. Have anyone noticed this problem ?

nuker77

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Getting lower than usual battery back up after updating to Tango (8773.x). Earlier, the battery used to last for more than a day on normal use but now it only lasts for about 14-15 hours even on 100% full recharge.

I even replaced the battery with a new one thinking it might be battery issue but to no avail, the problem persists. Have anyone noticed this problem ?
I noticed my battery draining faster after the update, and checked the background applications under settings. I found that one or two of the applications I had disabled had been turned back on. Turning them off seemed to help me.

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Tried disabling background apps and also deleted the facebook app as given in the above link. Issue still exists. Is there any other solution for this problem ?

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset and magically the 'estimated remaining time' in battery saver started showing 'more than a day' time. Before hard reset it was showing a maximum of 15 hours battery time remaining after full charge. Has anyone tried this hard reset trick ?. Can any windows phone engineer explain how hard resetting is associated with the battery back up ?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
from your other thread

http://forums.windowscentral.com/focus-flash-4g-omnia-w/195639.htm

Ditto issue after tango update. The battery estimated time drastically increased showing more than a day's back up after doing a hard reset but eventually fell back to 15 hours as I downloaded apps and games. Any idea how how downloading apps and games affects the battery drain ? :confused:

Do not trust battery estimate has it changes based on activites on your phone once again. The % bar is more accurate..

your carrier signal is biggest issue has when it comes to downloading if you have a crappy connection, spectrum is not avialable, towers are overloaded - your battery will drain faster has it tries to get a better signal or has to work to maintain that signal so thus it heats up the phone and battery drains..

I am NEt10/StraightTalk user on AT&T Compatible SIM - My Cellular Data Connection at home is great 4g. But at work not great sometimes. Switches between 3g and HSPA(4g) at time's. Sometimes I have to turn it on and off until I find a decent 4g signal connection. by checking email if sync in a few seconds good to go. If more than 3 seconds I turn cell off and wait then turn cell back on..

I use a app called inside information which display network information which tells me what apn I am connected to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786