Problem with Tango update

mbair

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a update unsuccessful message 80180048 when trying to do the first update (8112). It is happening on two Trophies and I have tried the update on two computers.
One xp and one windows 7 system. Both phones are currently running 8107.79. I reset one of the phones to see if that would work, but it still gives the error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a update unsuccessful message 80180048 when trying to do the first update (8112). It is happening on two Trophies and I have tried the update on two computers.
One xp and one windows 7 system. Both phones are currently running 8107.79. I reset one of the phones to see if that would work, but it still gives the error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Having the same issue, have also tried a reset, but no good.

Not happy...not sure what's happening.

bseball8

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat, tried the Walshed app but said not walshed, at a loss rignt now. Tried the Windowsphone Support Tool as well and said could not connect to phone.

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This did the trick, Thanks for the help. Can't wait for 7.8
Glad to hear that...however, I have never done a manual update for my phone..not sure what I need to do it, or what files are required..any directions on how to would be appeciated.

mbair

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I finally had a chance to do this last night and is worked great for me also.

The only thing that threw me off was that the flash directions mentioned are for a Wildfire and not the Trophy.

I downloaded the file VHCTrophy linked to. Then I used instructions from the following (the SparkW is the the Verizon Trophy):

YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING!!!

[HOWTO] Use DFT HSPL with Verizon Trophy (SparkW only!) [Revised 7-10-2012] - xda-developers

Specifically this part:

"Make sure your phone is fully charged. Then unplug from the charger/computer and shut it down by holding the top button, and then sliding the screen locker down to the bottom of the screen (yes, I know there are probably a few people that have never shut off this phone to reboot!
Now, hold the vol-down button and press the top power button again. Keep holding vol-down until you get a tri-color boot screen.
Once you see a screen like this, plug your SparkW into your computer. Wait for the "Serial" prompt in the white section to change to "USB." Let "HTC USB Sync" drivers install.
Run "RUU_Spark_W_VERIZON_WWE_1.03.605.20_2K_new_partition" and wait for the files to extract. Once it is done extracting, it should automatically begin flashing the rom. Once the rom is finished flashing, the phone will reboot."

Then all of these updates will load through the Zune software. This will take quite a while to do.

Last edited:

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I finally had a chance to do this last night and is worked great for me also.

The only thing that threw me off was that the flash directions mentioned are for a Wildfire and not the Trophy.

I downloaded the file VHCTrophy linked to. Then I used instructions from the following (the SparkW is the the Verizon Trophy):

YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING!!!

[HOWTO] Use DFT HSPL with Verizon Trophy (SparkW only!) [Revised 7-10-2012] - xda-developers

Specifically this part:

"Make sure your phone is fully charged. Then unplug from the charger/computer and shut it down by holding the top button, and then sliding the screen locker down to the bottom of the screen (yes, I know there are probably a few people that have never shut off this phone to reboot!
Now, hold the vol-down button and press the top power button again. Keep holding vol-down until you get a tri-color boot screen.
Once you see a screen like this, plug your SparkW into your computer. Wait for the "Serial" prompt in the white section to change to "USB." Let "HTC USB Sync" drivers install.
Run "RUU_Spark_W_VERIZON_WWE_1.03.605.20_2K_new_partition" and wait for the files to extract. Once it is done extracting, it should automatically begin flashing the rom. Once the rom is finished flashing, the phone will reboot."

Then all of these updates will load through the Zune software. This will take quite a while to do.
Just an update for you and a thanks...worked great..all updated and running better than ever.

Thanks again for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb