Nokia Lumia 900 on Net10...data problems :(

Jordan Miera

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my number to port over to Net10! My Nokia Lumia 900 is my first Windows Phone...as well as my first smartphone. I'm having some data problems, though. :( Data just is not connecting. And...well, I'll just copy/paste this from another forum. It explains my problem.

"Okay, I know I'm going to sound dumb, but I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong! I tried using the network settings app, data didn't work, and I deleted the Network Settings app. I then tried going under Settings-->Cellular and I put the APN as att.mvno (I didn't put anything else as suggested by people in threads I've read online). I'm able to send/receive phone calls and texts and I have a strong signal (it also has "4G" up by the signal strength reader). Might anybody please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!"

Or maybe it would help if somebody could please give me some directions for getting the Network Setup app to correctly do its thing. Thank you all very much! I really do appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

-J.D.M.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
data can take a while to provision from NET10/Straight Talk. I didn't understand your post on HoFo and I don't understand it here. You don't actually say what you did with the Network settings app. Without the app, everything should work but MMS. The app is only useful for setting up the correct MMC.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
data can take a while to provision from NET10/Straight Talk. I didn't understand your post on HoFo and I don't understand it here. You don't actually say what you did with the Network settings app. Without the app, everything should work but MMS. The app is only useful for setting up the correct MMC.

^ That, and make sure you delete the settings in Settings > Cellular (seems to choose those settings over anything put into the Network Setup App) and also be sure to reboot your phone after entering the settings.

Jordan Miera

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. :) What would be a reasonable amount of time to wait for data to be provisioned and start working before I should start getting worried?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. :) What would be a reasonable amount of time to wait for data to be provisioned and start working before I should start getting worried?

Not really sure, for me (Straight Talk) it worked instantly.
These are the settings you're using right?

Access point name: att.mvno
Proxy address: (leave blank)
Proxy port: (leave blank)
Username: (leave blank)
Password: (leave blank)

MMS APN

MMS access point name: att.mvno
Proxy address: 66.209.11.33
Proxy port: 80
MMSC address: http://mmsc.cingular.com

Jordan Miera

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Not really sure, for me (Straight Talk) it worked instantly.
These are the settings you're using right?

Access point name: att.mvno
Proxy address: (leave blank)
Proxy port: (leave blank)

MMS APN

MMS access point name: att.mvno

Data did eventually start working by itself. Just took some time to configure, I guess. However, with your help and information, I was also able to get my MMS up and running. :D Thank you very much!!!!

jmadan29

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
may i ask what plan are u using in net10? and is your data limited to 1gb or 2gb? thanks.
im planning to get an att mvno too and use a nokia lumia 900 :)

Jordan Miera

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
may i ask what plan are u using in net10? and is your data limited to 1gb or 2gb? thanks.

Nice!!! I'm using the $50/month unlimited talk/text/data plan. I don't think data would truly be unlimited, but I think it would be more relaxed than, say, Straight Talk. I haven't heard of people getting in trouble for excessive data usage as much on Net10. I've had my phone going for a couple days now and I've been quite pleased so far (apart from having a hard time with the WP7 Slacker app...but that's not Net10's fault).

flipso0o0o

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 900 NET10 MMS trouble

Thank you SO MUCH for the help! Finally have data and MMS capabilties with my new Nokia using Net10! I was assured by thier tech on the phone that the Nokia Lumia 900 would work fine. Then when it did not work following thier instructions tehy said "well e told you we don't guarantee..." blah blah blah. I called them 4 times and talked to 4 different people with varying degrees of knowledge. One woman tried to tell me my phone would only work in the ZIP code where I live... Oh dear... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice!!! I'm using the $50/month unlimited talk/text/data plan. I don't think data would truly be unlimited, but I think it would be more relaxed than, say, Straight Talk. I haven't heard of people getting in trouble for excessive data usage as much on Net10. I've had my phone going for a couple days now and I've been quite pleased so far (apart from having a hard time with the WP7 Slacker app...but that's not Net10's fault).

Net10 = Straight Talk except you are paying $5 more. Same TOS, same everything except you are paying Carlos Slim $5 more each month.

Anna Iatckova

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel miserable

Hi everybody! I have nokia lumia 800, and on net10. my data setup menu differs from lumia 900 menu, it only has fields apn, user namr, password, proxy server/url and proxy port. I tried different combinations of filled fields, but nothing works! I didnt find the thread for NL 800 so you're my last hope guys. Tech supp of net10 couldnt help me either.

ajaykc

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: I feel miserable

Hi everybody! I have nokia lumia 800, and on net10. my data setup menu differs from lumia 900 menu, it only has fields apn, user namr, password, proxy server/url and proxy port. I tried different combinations of filled fields, but nothing works! I didnt find the thread for NL 800 so you're my last hope guys. Tech supp of net10 couldnt help me either.

There are two choices for you to access internet.

Choice 1:
Download "Network Setup" app from Nokia exclusive section of marketplace.
once you run this app this will find several networks e.g. "AT&T 3G", "AT&T-LTE1-Lumia 900", and "AT&T-LTE2-Lumia 900", chose any of these and hit "edit".
Internet APN
Access Point Name: "att.mvno"
Proxy address: "leave blank"
Proxy port: "leave blank"
User name: "leave blank"
Password: leave blank"
Save it as any "connection name" and internet should work.

Choice 2:
Click "Settings" then click "cellular", choose "network selection" as "automatic".
click "add apn"
Access Point Name: "att.mvno"
Proxy address: "leave blank"
Proxy port: "leave blank"
User name: "leave blank"
Password: leave blank"

Now internet should work.

If you choose to install "Network Setup" app and do internet settings in this app then "DO NOT INPUT ANYTHING IN CELLULAR SETTINGS" and everything should simply work.

I am not going to give any info on MMS. Hope it helps. Good Luck.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: I feel miserable

I tried using only Network Setup app, and everything worked EXCEPT music from the marketplace. If I tried to preview an album, it would say there is a problem with the network and wouldn't work. If I only used the Settings => Cellular setting, then MMS wouldn't work. What I did was added the MMS APN and Internet APN in Network Settings first:

Internet APN:

att.mvno
everything else blank

MMS APN:
straight talk (I tried att.mvno and that doesn't work so I just put some dummy text in there and it works...)
http://mmsc.cingular

Then I restarted. Then I added the APN to the settings => cellular:

att.mvno
everything else blank

After that I restarted, and at times it takes different combo/order of creating seperate APNs, but I got EVERYTHING (including music from Marketplace) to work. I guess people are saying only use the Network Setup app because it does work for internet and MMS, but it doesn't work for the Music section in the Marketplace.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Net10 settings that i have working on my lumia 920. Text messages work but i haven't been able to send pictures messages from the messaging app. I have tried all the possibles gateways and different APN but still can't send pictures. Text , data and call works with no issues.

Data Apn settings
Apn- wap.tracfone
username-Net10
password-leave blank
proxy server (url)-proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
proxy port-8080

MMS settings
Apn- wap.tracfone or att.mvno
username-Net10
password-leave blank
WAP gateway(url)- proxy.mvno.tracfone.com or 66.209.11.33 or 216.155.165.40
WAP gateway port-8080
MMSC (url)http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMSC port-8080
Maximum MMS size-leave blank

ajaykc

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Net10 settings that i have working on my lumia 920. Text messages work but i haven't been able to send pictures messages from the messaging app. I have tried all the possibles gateways and different APN but still can't send pictures. Text , data and call works with no issues.

Data Apn settings
Apn- wap.tracfone
username-Net10
password-leave blank
proxy server (url)-proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
proxy port-8080

MMS settings
Apn- wap.tracfone or att.mvno
username-Net10
password-leave blank
WAP gateway(url)- proxy.mvno.tracfone.com or 66.209.11.33 or 216.155.165.40
WAP gateway port-8080
MMSC (url)http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMSC port-8080
Maximum MMS size-leave blank

I have Lumia 800 on Ne10 wireless and I tested my MMS settings by sending a pic to my friend using MMS and it works. I am not sure if Lumia 920 has a seperate app called "network setup app" or inbuilt MMS setting within the OS. But my MMS settings are as:

MMS access point name : att.mvno

Please let me know if it works for you.

Good Luck!

ajaykc

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site

I have Lumia 800 and using $50 plan (unlimited talk, text, and data). Data is mostly unlimited if you browse web in 95% cases and watch videos here and there. I have used more like 8-9Gb without any problems but I have been blocked too (lol). That $50 plan may become $46 if you choose automatic recharge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss