RATS! screen burn in =(

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with my focus and focus s, but I was really careful with my 900. Still, I noticed the small round buttons at the bottom of the screen (like in the email client) burned in. It's very faint, and only noticeable on a white screen, but still there.

I know this is one of the hazards of an amoled screen, but I'm still disappointed.

Edit: btw I'm pretty sure I know what it's from. The email client has 4 round buttons at the bottom, as does the main twitter clients I use, mehdoh and carbon. I spend alot of time in those apps.

Last edited:

lolken

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
same here.. the text box for sending sms messages burnt in to my screen on my lumia 900.. I had the problem on my focus and have also been careful with my lumia.. total bummer..

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
mine is set to 30 seconds, but I always manually turn it off when I'm done with it. I'm pretty sure my problem is twitter. Sometimes before I go to bed I catch up on 3-4 hours worth of twitter posts, plus the days "unimportant" emails, which means possibly 30-45 minutes of the same image (4 circles at the bottom) on my screen. Amoled is just very unforgiving when it comes to static images. I thought I had been extremely careful this time, but not careful enough.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I've got it too.. When I had it on my original focus, support told me that it was my own fault and nothing they could do. =[

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If you play a very graphical game will the burn in go away?

Unfortunately it's not image retention, it's burn in. I'm not sure if those are the proper technical terms, but it's not like the ghost-like image you see on some plasma tvs if you leave it on a static image for a while. Those will go away after awhile, and some plasmas even have a utility that will assist in that. I've had this problem on every amoled screen I've ever owned.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Idk, hopes I can avoid burn in. I was keeping my phone on low with auto dim, but it's just too hard to read outside, so I've got it at medium with auto dim.

Not sure, but doesn't the brightness effect the likelihood of burn in? The dimmer the less chance of burn in?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans