Those who have updated - Details on Camera Improvements

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's a photo. The only thing I did was size it down to 25%. I took this just sitting at my desk, holding the camera in my hands.

This is at ISO 200 with all other settings set to normal, other than being center weighted, no flash.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Quality didn't improve per se, what did improve is the algorithms and stuff that happen in auto mode most likely. You can already see, there are quite a few awesome pictures in the pictures thread post update. All the camera enhancements do is make taking photos on auto actually decent, oppose to hit or miss; now it's decent or awesome.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the color doesnt change that much after taking the picture.

The problem with this camera is you are not taking the picture that you see, you end up seeing the colors of your pictures changing.

I am seeing it change less, but the noise is still there indoors.

Camera still sucks indoors and lowlight. Outside, it is decent to good at best.

I should be taking the pictures that i am seeing, i never had that issue with focus S or iPhone 4.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Just random shots out of my window and my desk. I think the colors are more true, before the update the blue was over saturated and the yellows orangish. Also my little Cooper S is now clearly in focus and that wasn't before.

Totally untouched, all settings on auto.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Dark room with no flash--auto settings
temporary-11.jpg

Dark room with flash--auto settings
temporary-12.jpg

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there was a tweak in camera "auto-fix?" I just did an auto-fix on a dark inside pic of some machinery, and auto fix did a pretty awesome job. Better than I remember it fixing before...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa