Battery issues after Tango update

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated my Lumia 900 on AT&T yesterday. I ran the diagnostic and noticed that the battery drain is consistently 100 - 120 mA. Before the update it would usually settle down to somewhere in the 90 mA area. Then this morning I am going through my usual routine of taking the phone off the charger and going to work and after only 2 hours of use I am at 82% battery where usually I am still at 90%+. I haven't changed any setting on the phone so I would expect to get about the same battery life from yesterday to today. I was hoping for better battery life after the update since it stated that there were "battery life enhancements". Is anyone else seeing worse battery life after the update?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
After the first morning, things appear about normal. 13-14% per hour with contact use (reading news and Board Express). I never got below 95mAh in Diagnostics, and now it is hovering around 101-106mAh. Remember that now your capacitive buttons are always on, and maybe they just did some recalibrating. Going to need a few days of use to draw any solid conclusions. So far though, no better-no worse.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Check to see that no background tasks were automatically enabled after the update. For some reason background tasks for my IMDb app were activated after the update. Go to Settings and swipe sideways to Applications > Background Tasks.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Check to see that no background tasks were automatically enabled after the update. For some reason background tasks for my IMDb app were activated after the update. Go to Settings and swipe sideways to Applications > Background Tasks.

+1

This is what I found after one of the previous updates, and would be the first thing I'd check if I noticed shorter battery life after this one.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had already turned off a couple background tasks that were new. I restarted the phone after posting this and it seems better. I'll give it a couple days to see if it is about normal.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon