Tango Update Disabling Internet Sharing (Rogers Canada)

rc2080

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I just updated my phone's firmware yesterday and all of a sudden I can't use the internet sharing function. It was working fine before (with the Tango software update, but the old firmware), but now it just says:

Connection not shared
There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again.

The phone itself is having no trouble using the internet.. Anyone else having this issue?

danbord

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I just updated my phone's firmware yesterday and all of a sudden I can't use the internet sharing function. It was working fine before (with the Tango software update, but the old firmware), but now it just says:

Connection not shared
There's no cellular data connection to share right now. Check your cellular settings and signal, and try again.

The phone itself is having no trouble using the internet.. Anyone else having this issue?
I have the exact same issue after updating to tango yesterday.

Called Rogers tech support and there is nothing they can do about it. Its related to the phone I believe. :mad:

danbord

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'll send a tweet off to NokiaCares and see what they say
Just got a chat session with them. And they didn't find anything...

The technical guys are supposed to call me back between 24-48h. Will post here the result after they reached me.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Might also be an idea to find someone who hasnt updated and do a video and post it online then notifiy a few WP sites. The more publicity the better.

lumina loony

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem - internet connection sharing on Rogers just stopped working after the upgrade (running fw: 2175.2301.8779.12222 sw: 7.10.8773.98). There is some speculation on the Rogers boards that it is related to the sw not being 8779.

:mad:

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with Internet Sharing on Rogers with my Lumia 900 and I don't now either. In fact, I'm using it now. My OS and firmware versions are both 8779.

lumina loony

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with Internet Sharing on Rogers with my Lumia 900 and I don't now either. In fact, I'm using it now. My OS and firmware versions are both 8779.

Strange pdjcrawford - did you do anything different to get sw 8779? Why would we have different OS versions through the same update process? Wierd!

I have read on that most users with 8779 on both s/w and f/w don't have this problem, but they all flashed manually to 8779. Did you?

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Strange pdjcrawford - did you do anything different to get sw 8779? Why would we have different OS versions through the same update process? Wierd!

I have read on that most users with 8779 on both s/w and f/w don't have this problem, but they all flashed manually to 8779. Did you?

I did apply the firmware manually a few days back. But prior to that I had only applied what was offered through Zune for the phone and experienced no issue with Internet Sharing.

lumina loony

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I did apply the firmware manually a few days back. But prior to that I had only applied what was offered through Zune for the phone and experienced no issue with Internet Sharing.

Right, so when you flashed manually, you likely got 8779. Does Internet Sharing work for anyone with s/w 8773.98?

Zolutar

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
ICS is working fine on my Rogers 900, using 8779 fw and sw. In fact it was broken before using sw 8773 and I cant remember the firmware but it was a mismatch. I would suspect that the mismatch fw/sw could very well be the root of the problem.

I did the forced update method as only the sw would update, not the fw update

Last edited:

ToddMcDermid

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
ICS issue "known" with two workarounds

I've had my Internet Connection Sharing return the "Connection not shared. There's no cellular data connection to share right now." message with a Rogers Lumia 900 on OS 7.10.8773.98, firmware 2175.2301.8779.12222.

According to a Rogers tech I just got off the phone with, Nokia is "aware of the issue and are working to resolve it." He did have two alleged solutions for me to try (I have done neither yet):
1. Restore the phone to the pre-update version using Zune.
2. Perform a reset of the phone from the Settings|About page.

I'm going to try a reset (after getting ready for it), and will post back with results.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
After the update my Chat Messaging stop working on AT&T. Anyone else expericing this? I'm doing live chat with Nokia Care right now and they have been very helpful trying to help.

ToddMcDermid

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Internet Connection Sharing return the "Connection not shared. There's no cellular data connection to share right now." message with a Rogers Lumia 900 on OS 7.10.8773.98, firmware 2175.2301.8779.12222.

According to a Rogers tech I just got off the phone with, Nokia is "aware of the issue and are working to resolve it." He did have two alleged solutions for me to try (I have done neither yet):
1. Restore the phone to the pre-update version using Zune.
2. Perform a reset of the phone from the Settings|About page.

I'm going to try a reset (after getting ready for it), and will post back with results.
Resetting the phone worked.

After the reset you will (of course) have to set up the phone from scratch - setting up your Live ID, email, apps, etc...

The phone required no updates (updates survived the reset), and ICS does work now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss