Titan completely stuck

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
So the Titan screwed itself up today.
It alert vibrated, which alerted me that something was wrong because I keep the sound on level 20. I unlocked the phone and the volume is on zero. I tried to turn it up but nothing happened, the volume buttons didn't work. I powered it down to reset it, which turned out to be a mistake.
Now the phone sticks on the white HTC screen, with the red notification LED on. The buttons don't do anything and the only thing you can do, is pull the battery. Turning the phone back on is useless, as it stops at the same point every time. See pic below. I'm stuck using the DVP at the moment (depressing, as I find it so lackluster compared to the HTC).
Any ideas?

If this is the end, I may give WP another shot in the form of a Lumia (not sure which one), the Titan will get stamped on until it's completely dead and the DVP will be replaced by an ancient Nokia...8210, 7260 or similiar. Hey, I only need it for calls and texts.

FrozeTitan.jpg

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!
That has done the trick...however, a new problem has emerged. Whilst setting the phone back up, I've discovered that the three main buttons - Back/Home/Search - don't work. I went into Settings to turn Wi-Fi off and now the phone's stuck in there.
Ho hum.

edit: A Windows Phone setting up SMS arrived, I tapped the toast notification and now the three buttons are working. Getting a bit narked now.

Last edited:

IanLorenc

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for the help.

Sadly, I have little confidence in my Titan now (previously it has lost email and FB accounts and needed hard reset, from within Settings), certainly it's not even as reliable as the DVP and not in the same league as my previous 7 Pro.

I think I'll nurse it along until Nokia lands with WP8 devices then bail faster than an impatient skydiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa