Inconsistent battery charge times?

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually let the phone get down to around 20-30% before I stick it on charge. But then it can vary from anything to an hour to almost three hours before it fully charges again?

I'm talking dramatic variations in times here. I can check it's charging progress sometimes, and see the phone at around 90% full charge, but depending on whatever circumstances that last 10% can take either 20 minutes, or well over an hour to finish off.

My old Nokia had a charger which always got the battery topped up in around 70-90 minutes so I'm a bit puzzled as to why this newer phone can take so long on occasions. Is it the same for other owners?

Oh and once done it will show anything from 24 hours of charge left, to almost two days - this is as soon as I unplug the charger.

I always just have the same few live tiles on, I never leave background stuff running.

Thanks.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
As the battery nears full charge, it pulls less power from the wall charger. You can see it if you use the battery diagnostic thing while it's plugged in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234