Dropped Lumia 900 Won't Turn On

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 900 since it first came out, but I dropped it today for maybe the second time ever; it fell from a height of about two feet onto the carpeted floor in my office. There's no external damage, so I thought that I avoided anything bad. Unfortunately, it appears I was incorrect.

At the time this happened, it had around a 60% charge, but it turned off and now won't come back on. With that being the case, I don't think that it's the same issues people are having when the battery drains.

Plugging it into the charger or into USB only succeeds in giving the initial vibration that says that it's turning on, but nothing ever happens.

It seems most likely to me that maybe the battery connector came loose or something along those lines. That being said, does anyone have any suggestions I could try before having to bring it to get repaired?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the other thing is it could be on but your screen is dead or the connector popped off. It is easy to take these apart. I would do so and reconnect everything, that will probably fix it.

if it shows no signs of physical damage you could just warranty it.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I would try holding the power button down for I think 10 seconds to force a reboot. If that doesn't bring it back, I agree with inteller that the screen connector has probably come loose and a quick take apart would probably fix it. Or the warranty route which I've heard with Nokia is not a bad option.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just dropped my Lumia 900, when getting out of the car, for the tenth and finally time! It shattered into pieces(the screen that is). Now I'm having to update the Omnia 7 again. Back to a damn black phone. I know I should be happy I have a backup WP7 device, but still it's not a Lumia 900! So freaking pissed with myself!

RattleSnake506

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia had a big fall about a week ago. I was walking out of a store and I accidentally dropped it from near my ear. I am 6'3'' and it should have taken atleast a 6 foot fall on a cement floor. It fell on one of the phone's corners and it survived. Everything is working as expected. The polycarbonate on the corner is compressed a little and the glass had a very minor crack I cant even see. But it is still working without any problem.
I have to be a little careful now..

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating if I should just order the replacement screen from ebay for like $122 or ship the phone off to Palco for $153. Just really don't want to be without my L900 for at least 2 weeks, for the parts to come in from overseas. Damn, it's really hard going back to the Omnia 7. It's like a Bentley or Rolls, then going back down to a Lexus.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Damn, it's really hard going back to the Omnia 7. It's like a Bentley or Rolls, then going back down to a Lexus.

Ha, I'm stuck with my Venue Pro. I love the form factor of it, but I don't know how I ever even looked at that screen without wanting to stab my eyes out.

I decided I'm just going to head to AT&T today and see what they say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss