Impressed with the ATIV?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I also posted this in the Focus S and Focus Flash sub-forums. I am curious about getting my fellow Samsung WP users opinion: Liking the ATIV? While most of us on the Focus S and the Focus Flash Forums will most likely have to wait to get a WP8 for a while, unless you are thinking of buying out of pocket (I am just that stupid, by the way), most of you here on this forum are most likely able to upgrade. So your first impressions are really more important, as most of you could still support Samsungs WP effort if you so desire to.

Like what Sammy is doing here? Or is it unimpressive to you?

Comrade427

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I also posted this in the Focus S and Focus Flash sub-forums. I am curious about getting my fellow Samsung WP users opinion: Liking the ATIV? While most of us on the Focus S and the Focus Flash Forums will most likely have to wait to get a WP8 for a while, unless you are thinking of buying out of pocket (I am just that stupid, by the way), most of you here on this forum are most likely able to upgrade. So your first impressions are really more important, as most of you could still support Samsungs WP effort if you so desire to.

Like what Sammy is doing here? Or is it unimpressive to you?
I do like what I see with the ATIV!

However, I'm not eligible for an upgrade from my Focus until at least March, and by then, we're probably looking at Gen 2 of WP8 just over the horizon... Of course, this also means that Gen 1 phones get cheaper. :)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do like what I see with the ATIV!

However, I'm not eligible for an upgrade from my Focus until at least March, and by then, we're probably looking at Gen 2 of WP8 just over the horizon... Of course, this also means that Gen 1 phones get cheaper. :)
March will be a great time for an upgrade!!

By then, all the 1st genereation of WP 8 hardware will be out, all the reviews will be in, and there will be more than enough forum members with each device to give you a good feel for the best devices. I can't help but think that if we had waited on our WP 7's selection, we may not have bought the original Titan for my wife. All the original reviews were great, but within a few months those of us that jumped on the Titan early started to see all the problems that ended up being common. I think you are in the best position. See what comes out, see the pros and cons from early adopters, and then enjoy some great device!!

Or, just get one of those stupid cheap Gen 1 devices on ebay you just mentioned. Win/win...

codylew

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have been eligable for an upgrade from my Focus since March 12 but have been holding out. I am extremely tired of my Focus due to poor reception issues and cant wait to upgrade. I am getting really jealous of the Nokia folks getting all the attention from Nokia and Samsung gives none at all to WP. I have not decide what I will do though. My few thought right now are switch to Verizon where the ATIV may be the only flagship WP or stay ATT and buy out of pocket the L900 or upgrade to 920. leaning more toward the 900 and not commiting for 2 years and waiting for reviews. Plus, hopefully everyone will be trying sell so they can upgrade to 920 and I can get it for cheap!

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Samsung would be the way I'd go, but the Focus is as big and heavy a phone as I want to carry. I do not need or want a 4.8" phone screen. I'm still happy with the Focus's reliability and it has most features that matter to me. I expect 7.8 to be a sufficient software upgrade. I would be persuaded by a W8 phone with comparable features, that has easier memory management, and is lighter and smaller than the Focus.

Disclaimer: I am less phone-centric than I was in the last decade. Cameras, music players, tablets, and ultrabooks are now greater gadget passions.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I have my Samsung Focus since a good 1 yr and a half. Really happy with it, it's light, screen is great but I can't wait to upgrade. I don't think I will get a ATIV S because it seems incredibly huge in the hands. I prefer 4''-4.3 phone so I'm pretty sure I'll get a grey Lumia 920 even if it seems much heavier than my original Focus. The features on this phone are so incredible that I'm really excited for it. Great thread btw

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Lovin what I see with the Ativ. If I decide to get in on the first round of phones the Ativ will be the route I go. The only other viable option would be the 8x but the Samsung has more storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo