Lumia 900 - Bluetooth/SMS Issue

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my 900 and had it paired to my car's Bluetooth, if a text came in while listening to music, the song would pause and it would automaticaly read the text to me.

Recently though, if a text comes in while listening to music over Bluetooth, the song will pause, but nothing happens after that. The text isn't read to me and the song doesn't start playing again until I hit play. Not sure if this is a Tango update issue or something else... as far as I can recall, it worked before Tango, but not after.

Anyone else experience this issue? Anyone know of a fix?

If it matters, the stereo is an RNS315 (stock 2012 VW Golf Stereo).

puredrive07

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I used to be able to get my SMS through the car Headunit in my 2010 Mazda 3 and 2007 Volvo S60R w/Motorola Car Kit, but when I got my 2012 Volvo S60 R-Design my phone would no longer do this. It does exactly what your headunit does, it pauses the music does nothing. Not sure who's fault it is?! On the plus side niether does my fiancee's iPhone 4S does the same thing in her 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD. I really do miss this feature.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
My car bluetooth has been funky with windows phone for some time now. Way back to Nodo even. I get a message, it reads it, but half of the time the bluetooth doesn't switch to the mic properly.

My mic is mounted above my head on the visor, but sometimes it is clearly using the mic on the phone itself so it is difficult to give it audio commands while driving.

Other times I get the issue you described, and other times it'll read the message and the music won't start on it's own anyways.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine works flawlessly. I did delete my old profile from the car and add the Nokia Lumia. You should try deleting the profile from your car and remove the pairing from your phone and redo the setup.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
K, will try unlinking and resetup to see if that helps. When it was working, my wife thought it was funny how it handled smiling faces.... She sent me a test text with just a smiley face and it described the face.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the exact same thing. (And it's a Volvo C70)

And it is hilarious when it does read out the emoticons!!! I laughed for a minute straight the first time I heard it...

:p

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
if it's not working, go into settings- speech and ensure enable speech recognition over the network and use speech when the phone is locked are both checked. For some reason the tango update deselected mine. Re checking them solved the problem

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
if it's not working, go into settings- speech and ensure enable speech recognition over the network and use speech when the phone is locked are both checked. For some reason the tango update deselected mine. Re checking them solved the problem

You might be on to something... Just checked and speech when phone is locked was unchecked! We'll see how the drive home tonight goes.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte