HTC 8S: One of the best designed phones I've seen

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it just, I've been lusting after it since the moment I saw it... I think I might be in love with an inanimate object...

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in the HTC 8S general thread, but since this is specifically about its design, I'll repost:

htc-wp8-13.jpg

jtmg4472800.jpg

jtmg4484800.jpg

That different-colored bottom bar is not something you just come upon independently because it makes sense (like a rounded rectangle or icons in a grid). It's a profoundly-unique styling cue that up until now has been an exclusive styling detail of the Sony Xperia lineup, including the Xperia U pictured above.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
No ffc? Granted I video call about twice a year but I've gotten into taking pictures with my ffc. I don't know about that?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Jesus Christ HTC, you almost had me!! Man if you put a front facing camera and the same OneS camera on this baby. It will be the perfect phone.

Perfect you hear me!!

tumblr_lnfwr74EFA1qa6o12.gif

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What is it with mid-range devices (Nokia 710 & 800, this) and no FFC? I didn't even notice that until this thread.

Does HTC not want the sales this nice little guy with expandable memory might otherwise give them?

"Okay, HTC design team, this is too good of a device for mid-range. What can we do to kill it? Thoughts??"

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What is it with mid-range devices (Nokia 710 & 800, this) and no FFC? I didn't even notice that until this thread.

Does HTC not want the sales this nice little guy with expandable memory might otherwise give them?

"Okay, HTC design team, this is too good of a device for mid-range. What can we do to kill it? Thoughts??"

Even the Focus Flash and Radar had a FFC.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Video in first post link says it has a FFC.

With the 8s, I think HTC could draw in some serious customers like teenagers if they allowed you to special order your own color combo of the choices available. Say a grey back with red chin, or red back with black chin. Could also get screen color too, so black back white chin and red screen bar. I would bet that to be an instant sell at even 8x prices.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I really like the two-tone. I was actually wondering what Nokia could do next, and I was like hey maybe then can make a two-tone devices. Looks like HTC beat them to it, but I'm disappointed this is only on the 8S and not also on the 8X.

It's kind of like how the interchangeable covers are only on the 820 and not the 920.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I really like the two-tone. I was actually wondering what Nokia could do next, and I was like hey maybe then can make a two-tone devices. Looks like SONY beat them to it, but I'm disappointed this is only on the 8S and not also on the 8X.

It's kind of like how the interchangeable covers are only on the 820 and not the 920.

Fixed that for you :p

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Did HTC ask anybody what they thought about the specs before they made this thing? It's so beautiful, but the drawbacks are too great to even consider.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Did HTC ask anybody what they thought about the specs before they made this thing? It's so beautiful, but the drawbacks are too great to even consider.

I agree, the design is so nice but the lower resolution screen kills it. I know that sony had a similar design but HTC's take on it is so much better.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The camera specs sound disturbingly like my 7 Pro (aka Arrive), and that camera is GODAWFUL in practice. Shame. With HTC, cameras are either really good or really bad...there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss