• CPU SPEED - Qualcomm? S4 1 GHz dual-core
  • PLATFORM - Windows? Phone 8
  • SIM ?MicroSIM
  • MEMORY
  • Total storage: 4 GB
  • RAM: 512 MB
  • EXPANSION SLOT
  • MicroSD card
  • NETWORK - HSPA/WCDMA (Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz); GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

SENSORS
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor
  • G-Sensor
  • GPS - Internal GPS antenna with GLONASS

CONNECTIVITY
  • 3.5 mm stereo audio jack : plug any headphones with a standard-sized 3.5mm connector
  • Bluetooth? 2.1 + EDR
  • Wi-Fi?: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)

CAMERA
  • 5 megapixel camera with auto focus and LED flash
  • f/2.8 aperture and 35mm lens
  • 720p HD video recording with stereo sound
  • Dedicated camera button

SOUND ENHANCEMENT - Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio? built in

BATTERY - Capacity: 1,700 mAh

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Wow, bottom bar is VERY derivative of Sony Xperia styling-wise:

EDIT: better pictures:

jtmg4472800.jpg

jtmg4484800.jpg

htc-wp8-13.jpg

And 4 gb onboard storage? Seriously?! Even the HTC Trophy and HTC Arrive/7 Pro had 16 gb.

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
But it looks so much better. ;)

Honestly, I like the Xperia's execution better. But there's no question that the bottom color bar was a totally unique design element shared by several Xperia models, and this is profoundly derivative of that formerly-unique styling element. This isn't something everybody uses like "rounded rectangles" and "grid layouts."

It supports MicroSD. That should negate any storage issues.

I don't want to have to split my music collection between two places (onboard and MicroSD). In my opinion, one big storage space is better than two smaller ones.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I like the Xperia's execution better. But there's no question that the bottom color bar was a totally unique design element shared by several Xperia models, and this is profoundly derivative of that formerly-unique styling element. This isn't something everybody uses like "rounded rectangles" and "grid layouts."

I don't want to have to split my music collection between two places (onboard and MicroSD). In my opinion, one big storage space is better than two smaller ones.
So why not just put all your music on the SD? One place =)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
What to say about the 8s..

Dual Core 1ghz not to shabby
with a 1700amp Battery that is huge for small Phone.
4" Inch Screen perfect for Small Hands
Beats Audio

My erks about the phone

4gig drive would fill fast with alot of apps and games, sd card in wp8 will only hold music,video's,pictures, documents from my understanding no apps, games. But I could be wrong about that.

512 Ram - let hope wp8 is has optimized when it comes to memory usage like wp7 is..

no front facing camera - only those that are into video calling, skype, etc..would need this feature.

========

Overall is looks to be a great phone. But will have to wait and see what the reviews are like and the pricing. If price is low enough off contract then it will be a winner in my book.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
The lack of FFC and removable battery make it an absolute no-go for me. I'm only just able to forgive the 920 for having no removable battery despite all the other awesome stuff packed in there!

djca

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
In the specs department, HTC's "mid-range" 8S looks low-end compared to Nokia's "mid-range" 820. No front-facing camera and NFC? I wonder what features HTC will remove to come up with their low-end model.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
In the specs department, HTC's "mid-range" 8S looks low-end compared to Nokia's "mid-range" 820. No front-facing camera and NFC? I wonder what features HTC will remove to come up with their low-end model.

Well then, let's run this through the Paladin-Guess-O-Meter shall we...

Sarcasm said:
Windows Phone 8V:
1.5" screen
No cameras
128KB RAM
256MB storage space
25mAh battery
GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
No 3G
No bluetooth
No GPS

In all seriousness, I haven't a clue

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Dumb question from someone who has never used SD storage before. Would audio playback be exactly the same off the SD card as off the internal memory?

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
this phone is the most beautiful windows phone i ever seen from htc
days ago before htc conference i was complaining why can't manufacturers design something like this
ssbLb.png

then 8S came out and made me smile:happy:
there is one thing i don't understand why did they use 2.1 bluetooth over 4.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05